Red Bull Records is a full-service independent record label dedicated to long-term artist development, with a diverse roster across a variety of musical genres.
We are seeking a candidate to oversee all publicity initiatives for the label and our artists. This position will direct our artists’ publicity strategy, the label’s corporate communications strategy and manage third party publicists.
- Devise and implement publicity strategy for each of our recording artists
- Establish short- and long-term publicity goals and press targets for each of our recording artists
- Cultivate strong relationships with US media utilizing them for the benefit of Red Bull Records’ and its artists
- Pitch and solicit national and regional press coverage for artists across all media outlets including print, online and TV
- Secure press attendance and coverage at live shows, festivals and events
- Appoint and manage external PR firms where applicable in the US, EU/UK and ROW
- Educate management teams and artists on the media landscape and the value of publicity. Influence the artist and team to prioritize publicity efforts.
- Coordinate press requests and schedule interviews with artists
- Schedule in-person press days for when artists are in market
- Write press releases, media alerts and other materials for artists
- Maintain relationships with accomplished writers for artist materials (bios etc)
- Compose and distribute weekly press reports to internal and external teams
- Oversee company PR strategy and manage corporate PR inquiries and requests
- Manage efforts and synergies with brand communication personnel globally, deliver assets and schedule interviews for various brand verticals, provide monthly label highlights for brand newsletters
- Maintain press coverage and assets
Your areas of knowledge and expertise
- 5+ years of experience at an agency or record label with strong industry contacts across all media outlets including print, online and TV
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Skilled in negotiation and influence
- Possess a working knowledge of global media
- Self-motivated and able to follow through on assigned responsibilities as well as be able to think ahead and utilize problem-solving abilities
- Strong ability to represent company brand