Red Bull Records is a full-service independent record label dedicated to long-term artist development, with a diverse roster across a variety of musical genres.
We are seeking an experienced music sales and streaming account executive to oversee all digital accounts globally for our recording artists and label. The position will be responsible for managing Red Bull Records’ relationships and business with these outlets and requires a motivated self-starter with a significant network of contacts and understanding of digital music platforms.
Areas that play to your strengths
- Oversee the primary relationships with our distribution partner, The Orchard, and with key digital streaming/subscription services globally. These partners include Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, Deezer, Tidal, SoundCloud, Pandora, YouTube, Google Play, Amazon and more. Cultivate strong relationships across multiple divisions of the accounts, including content, product marketing, sponsorship, executive levels, and related 3rd party services.
- Direct Red Bull Records’ overall business and strategy at the partner level to maximize exposure and revenue.
- Develop market expertise through continuous focus on and knowledge of the competitive and market environment.
- Work closely with Manager, Global Digital Account Management to interpret analytics, market trends and data insights to identify opportunities and understand consumer behavior on streaming platforms. Interpret data to form actionable intelligence that helps shape and sustain campaigns.
- Create and deliver compelling pitches for artists to excite and engage partners, including facilitating direct connection with our artists where appropriate.
- Work closely with CFO and Global Operations Director on all revenue and rights matters.
Guide label marketing strategy (pre-orders, price drops, marketing campaigns) based on the latest account policies.
- Lead playlist strategy and work with label Marketing Team to build marketing campaigns with each account where appropriate.
- Drive new business initiatives, concepts and products for the Red Bull Records brand.
- Spearhead and help execute marketing and platform campaigns for our artists and label.
- Lead frequent partner calls and business presentations with the accounts.
- Regularly communicate the status of artist campaigns, new initiatives, and other account activity to the label and other teams.
- Direct and support Manager, Global Digital Account Management.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise
- 3-5 years prior experience at a record label handling digital content or at a digital services provider
- Prior experience in account/client management, digital content sales and/or digital marketing
- Demonstrated experience with subscription services
- Streaming Activity Analytics/Reporting/Strategic Analysis experience required
- Must be collaborative with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Impactful presentational skills to convey information and results clearly
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and balance priorities
- Excellent time-management, organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to solve operational, reporting, technology, and business issues to ensure efficiency
- Ability to take broad campaign concepts and translate into partner specific initiatives that result in sales/streams and impressions
- Able to attend artist shows and partner events
- Proficient in Excel, Word & PowerPoint, DSP analytics (eg Spotify/Apple For Artists etc)