The purpose of this role is to drive new business initiatives for the Red Bull Records roster.
The Director of Commercial Licensing & Brand Partnerships will work with the VP of Operations and collaborate with the other department heads to creatively pitch Red Bull Records recordings and artists to key stakeholders including music supervisors, ad agencies, film/TV production companies, networks, video game publishers and trailer houses. The position will be responsible for supporting the identification, development, and negotiation of co-brand and strategic partnerships for Red Bull Records’ artists, music, songwriters, and the overall company.
Areas that play to your strengths
- Drive new business initiatives for the Red Bull Records roster to achieve tangible results in the form of Red Bull Records’ artists presence in national commercials (TV and online), film, television and games.
- Creatively pitch Red Bull Records’ recordings and artists to key stakeholders including music supervisors, ad agencies, film/TV production companies, networks, video game publishers, and trailer houses.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across Marketing, Sales, A&R, and artist management to support priority projects.
- Lead/support all aspects of clearance and licensing negotiations and execution on behalf of Red Bull Records.
- Develop market expertise through continuous focus on and knowledge of the competitive synch licensing marketplace.
- Oversee synch licensing for Red Bull Music Publishing’s roster of songwriters.
- Work with external partners to expand opportunities for synch, including distributors, international agencies, and third-party licensing companies.
- Drive awareness of Red Bull Records’ artists through marketing campaigns, showcases, and regular correspondence with key stakeholders.
- Aggressive pursuit of endorsement deals, music video product placements, and tour sponsorships to maximize revenue and exposure for artists.
- Ensure new partnerships deliver value to increase Red Bull Records artists’ commercial awareness.
- Development of marketing strategies and creative ideas to enhance existing partnerships.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise
- 5+ years’ experience licensing music for film, TV, videogames, advertisements preferably at record company, publisher, distributor, or synch licensing agency
- Strong relationships in the music supervision, media, sports, entertainment, brand, and agency industries.
- Creation of integrated marketing plans involving the licensing of music.
- Collaborative with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Impactful presentational skills to convey information and results clearly.
- Excellent time-management, organizational skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Able to attend artist shows and partner events.
- Proven ability to develop placements across multiple entertainment and commercial advertising mediums.