The International Communications Manager is responsible for supporting local markets on the development and execution of the communications campaigns and individual communications activities connected to their Red Bull Music (RBM) events, primarily Red Bull Music Festivals and large-scale signature concepts.
They are the first point of contact for countries’ teams with regards to RBM festivals and responsible for representing Red Bull and Red Bull Media Network’s international strategic priorities in the field.
Overall, they are also responsible for improving the communications output by mentoring and supporting regional communications teams and up-leveling quality, reach and engagement of regional communications activities with the support of the Red Bull Media Network (RBMN).
Key Responsibilities, Tasks and Activities:
- Guide country communications and marketing teams on the development of a communications plan.
- Be the first point of contact in the development of overall communications plan and be responsible for connecting the relevant vertical media specialists once stories and concepts are on strategy and ready for development. Vertical specialists include (but are not limited to) social media, editorial, moving image, live broadcast and audio portfolio.
- Support the local team from development of plan through to delivery. Ensure all major milestones are met, communications opportunities are maximized and team is operating effectively. Ensure planning and development is done with a suitable timeline to allow for improvement and upleveling (where relevant).
- Develop reporting standards for the communications campaigns and activities around RBM experiences and ensure countries and the teams responsible for communications campaigns and activities deliver reports within a defined time period.
- Report on project, campaign and overall results to the international RBM and RBMN teams when required.
- Highlight best practices, learning and examples and share with other countries and the international team to continue the improvement of RBM experience communications.
- Develop tools, processes and other opportunities for countries to deliver better communications campaigns and activities around RBM experiences.
- Provide insights from working with the countries to help ideate how teams could be improved and where there is an opportunity for better output through training or more effective collaboration with the international marketing and RBMN teams.
- Identify international Earned, Social and Owned communications opportunities from local RBM experiences that can be expanded beyond the host country.
- Manage international media visits to country experiences, either personally or through an agreed process with the host country. Manage media requests and access to talent.
- Provide insights from the industry and music landscape to help improve RBM output and results globally.
- Deliver improved Business Planning guidelines and support tools for countries for event communications to enable them to deliver a stronger plan and ultimately better results year-on-year.
- 5-6 years of experience working in music communications, marketing, and/or public relations.
- Confident with project management.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at different phases simultaneously.
- Skilled at building and relationships across many different cultural lines.
- Interested and knowledgeable about music and creative culture relevant to our work.
- Highly-organized, diligent, and comfortable presenting.
- Willing to travel internationally.
- Proficiency with Google Docs, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Very high level written and spoken English (an additional language would be a bonus but is not required).