Red Bull Media House is a global media company that produces, distributes and publishes authentic content and inspirational entertainment programming in the sports and lifestyle genres.
From film to television, print to digital media, music and games, the company’s products can be experienced on the latest devices and platforms, fascinating audiences worldwide.
- The Head of Music Content will define and lead the creative and editorial strategy for Red Bull’s Music content across all platforms and entities – to drive audience growth and engagement.
- In this role, you will devise the strategy, and define the editorial scope to create highly original, brand-defining content around music – from live to short form. Guiding countries in their content production to ensure quality, creativity and alignment with the global strategy will be part of your role as well.
- You will lead an international multi-disciplinary team producing video, text, images, and interactive content across the Red Bull Media Network. You will attract and commission world-class third party writers and producers to create content which meets the editorial, budgetary, technical, and legal standards of the Red Bull Media House. Moreover, you will negotiate, run and monitor all contracts managed at channel level.
- Another exciting aspect of this role will be your collaboration with the Production and Development teams to create innovative content that meets the needs of Red Bull’s music audience. You will work closely with Programming, Marketing and Communications to ensure music content drives the broad Red Bull strategy and to monitor analytics, traffic, and content success and adjust strategy as required.
Your Experience Includes:
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience working in the music industry
- Proven track record as a senior editorial commissioning editor, creator or content producer
- Intuitive understanding of music content and its potential – based on exceptional knowledge, editorial skills and reputation in the scene
- Running a global music online or offline property/publication and its associated channels
- Creating and executing editorial strategy, content writing and/or production and commissioning
- An exceptional global contacts book
- Audience development and successful in meeting audience/traffic goals
- An ability to read and serve a variety of music scenes and genres
- Budgeting and business planning experience
- Strong decision-maker and problem-solver
- Outstanding storytelling and communication skills
- A sense of humor