Red Bull Media House is a global media company that produces, distributes and publishes authentic content and inspirational entertainment programming in the sports and lifestyle genres. From film to television, print to digital media, music and games, the company’s products can be experienced on the latest devices and platforms, fascinating audiences worldwide.
As Chief Editor you will lead the strategy and commissioning of content for the Culture (dance) verticals across the Red Bull Media Network. You will identify audience opportunities, drive growth in reach and engagement and manage the organisation of content within the Media Network – in particular our owned platform.
- In this role, you will define the Culture content requirements, scope, and formats and be responsible for defining and guarding Red Bull’s tone of voice and understanding how to reach and engage with audiences.
- In short, you will be the Media House’s recognized Culture expert to assist all Media Network content development (including Social, Live, Digital and long-format).
- You will lead all matters relating to Culture content in our Audience teams, set the engagement and reach targets for the Culture audience verticals, monitoring analytics, traffic, content success and adjust strategy. You will work with Programming and Communications to identify the audience growth potential, devise content strategies that will deliver this potential and, on a rolling basis, create commissioning briefs that articulate content needs.
- You will help develop the content expertise in the Culture audience vertical for all Markets through constant communication with your country counterparts, and ensure a consistently deep knowledge of their scene and subject matter.
- You will work with in-house and third party producers to commission content that meets the strategic, editorial, budgetary, technical and legal standards of the Red Bull Media House and work with the Development team to oversee commissions and content requirements realised.
Your experience includes proven performance in the following
- Experience in digital and social content commissioning
- Exceptional dance editorial skills
- Demonstrable success in meeting traffic goals
- Experience in audience development
- Knowledge of audience analytics and ability to analyze and use data
- A great reputation in the field of Dance or Arts
- Outstanding storytelling and presentation skills
- Knowledge of digital, social, TV content and its activation
- Budgeting and business planning experience
- Strong decision-maker and problem-solver
- Proven communication skills to internal and external stakeholders
- One of those rare self-starters who is also a team player
Excellent English (spoken and written) is requred – additional languages a plus.
In your cover letter, please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role at Red Bull. We want to see your personal style – what makes you tick and why you think your next opportunity is here with us.