Red Bull’s Culture Marketing program is a successful pillar of our global marketing mix. With the strong focus on Music and Dance but also Art and Design as well as Film we are covering many fields and are dominating selected scenes and cultural environments.
The Artist Marketing Program is a key part of our global initiatives; the constantly evolving global network of artists is feeding our platforms and projects. Programs like the Red Bull Music Academy or our global Recording Studios network have become an important stepping-stone in an artist’s career.
The Head of Global Artist Marketing is responsible for bringing to life and constantly refining the global Artist Marketing Strategy for how Red Bull is working with Artists across all our music programs and initiatives, our media formats as well as commercial entities such as Red Bull Music Publishing or Red Bull Records.
He/she will lead the team that interfaces with all artist related matters within the Red Bull marketing organization and ensures the rightness of all national and international talent programs and plans. This includes the ongoing support of country organizations as well as guidance and detailed feedback through the annual business planning process.
He/She must have a vision for how the Artist Marketing program should drive maximum impact of the global Culture and Music programs. He/She will work cross functionally with the company’s media and communications teams, brand marketing and legal affairs to bring initiatives to life.
The Head of Global Artist Marketing will establish and maintain music industry contacts with record labels, agents, talent management, etc. The role is part of the global Culture Marketing team located at Red Bull HQ in Fuschl (Austria), it requires regular physical presence in London and LA, as well as travel to key markets.
- Bring to life and constantly refine the global artist marketing strategy in line with the general brand strategy, contributing to and paying into the global business goals
- Realizing a holistic artist marketing approach across all existing and future (music) talent related music properties such as Red Bull Music Academy, Red Bull Sound Select, Red Bull Studios, Red Bull Records, Red Bull TV (music formats), etc.
- Ensure proper and high quality implementation of the Artist Marketing strategy across all countries with a focus on the Top 15 markets
- Support countries in Artist selection, handling and development matters to ensure the rightness of Artists across all our music and media related programs and platforms
- Define worksflows and processes in organising, tracking and administering our global Artist portfolio and network to ensure a transparent and efficient set-up, including existing tools like “Artist Booking System”, etc.
- Act as central interface / team for all Artist related matters across the entire organization including our media businesses including Artist specific projects and concepts
- Creating an ROI model/success measures for artist led content
- Lead and further develop the global Artist Marketing team as well support and constantly engage with approx. 15-20 specialized Artist Marketing Managers across the globe
- On site artist support (i.e. content productions, interviews…) when required
- Min. 10 years international experience in artist facing role with the music industry
- Experience in developing and implementing holistic marketing campaigns in a professional music/media environment
- Proven track record in developing strategies for growing artists’s audiences in a nontraditional manner
- Experience in creating, formulating and selling a strategic vision
- Knowledge and understanding of dealing with music rights, licensing and entertainment business subjects
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Understanding of the youth culture landscape and what drives our target audience.
- Excellent communication, organisational and project management skills coupled with the ability to work in a team.
- Good artist liaison skills.
- Ability to sell a strategic vision.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Additional languages a bonus.
- Team player, creative, communicative, sociable, informative, open-minded, ingenious, relaxed, genuine, networker innovative and self-motivated with a can do attitude and focused on delivering results.