Our mission at Red Bull is to give wings to artists and music scenes around the world.
The scope and scale of the music program is vast and as Music Communication Manager you’ll play a strong role in communicating what we do in the realm of music to the world.
Areas that play to your strengths (All the responsibilities we’ll trust you with)
Your role will require you to understand the wide variety of music audiences and their media consumption behaviours. You will identify ways to maximize the impact of our artist and artist content projects working with your HQ colleagues and the Red Bull country network. You’ll advise upon and implement activation strategies for our projects, provide regular updates on audience development, support and provide countries with guidance on their projects and develop education initiatives to increase specialised communications knowledge and competency across the Red Bull network.
In this role, you’ll lead the earned media promotion of music and artist-based content projects including digital, moving image and audio products and some event related projects. You’ll be responsible for developing and managing the earned communication strategies for these projects, as well as project managing the development, launch and activation of the projects in collaboration with the content, programming, social, marketing and artist teams.
Your will manage the activations of artist and music content projects in collaboration with your counterparts, defining messaging and media angles around these projects, leading the earned media outreach with country communication teams, identifying opportunities for social influencer outreach and collaborating with the social media team to meet objectives on assigned projects.
By working closely with the insights team, you’ll analyse and evaluate projects and provide meaningful learnings to the business. You’ll establish strong collaboration with markets, to understand local priorities and needs. Furthermore, you’ll evaluate local market communication plans, identify local optimization potentials and global release opportunities. Translating results and learnings from release plans into long term strategies and educational resources will be another focus of yours.
EXPERIENCE (Your areas of knowledge and expertise)
- That matter most for this role:
- 3+ years’ of experience in a music-based communication or PR role
- Experience working with music artists and entities
- Clear understanding of global entertainment, music and culture industry – including best practices around audio and video campaigns
- Ideally relationships in the global music and entertainment media landscape
- Superior project management skills
- Strong understanding of audience profiling, able to build relationships & to lead a network of consultants, agencies and counterparts
- Well organized team player with a strong editorial and media understanding
- University degree
- Fluent in English