RECORDS is an independent and entrepreneurial record label venture in partnership with Matt Pincus and Ron Perry of SONGS Music Publishing.
Mission Statement: To direct digital marketing focus & strategy, product development, branding, label identity and artist relations for assigned RECORDS projects.
The digital marketing/branding specialist will work side by side with the Co-founder and Marketing team- assisting with the execution of marketing strategies and artist development.
The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial outlook and will able to work with creative and operational executives, across all functions.
- Provide digital marketing continuity and focus for assigned RECORDS projects
- Create, develop, and execute digital marketing campaigns for assigned artists
- Identify trends, develop new models of digital engagement, and execute innovative campaigns
- Manage creation and posting strategies of web-based content (video, audio, graphic, text) for use in social networking, website, and mobile communities
- Track and utilize campaign and social data as well as analyze consumer online behavior in order to help optimize our digital efforts
- Identify and evaluate new technology marketing/sales companies and opportunities
- Manage creation, maintenance, and ongoing quality assurance of artists’ online presences; build and engage social network communities
- Create and execute content and digital advertising strategies that support the voice, tone and style of our artists and reach the target audience as efficiently as possible
- Work effectively with RECORDS staff and all internal and outsourced functions (Distribution, Production, Sales, Publicity, Radio, New Media, International, etc.) to identify target markets and develop comprehensive, timely digital marketing plans to reach those markets
- Work closely with key internal label teams, artists, and management throughout the project life cycle to communicate about new products, technologies, strategies, social communities and available digital opportunities
- Work with internal staff regarding scheduling of digital products
- Work with internal Business & Legal Affairs department regarding development contracts, contesting, clearances, compliance and more.
- Contribute to building visibility for artists and projects by working with third-party lifestyle, music, artist-managed websites, review sites, blogs, music destination websites, and social networks
- Consistently analyze results of marketing efforts as well as any other appropriate contextual market conditions; identify key opportunities and communicate these to the team.
- Work closely with Artist & Repertoire from early stages of product to maintain consistency and vision of A&R.
- Plan & book advertising campaigns for assigned projects.
- Help direct international strategies, where appropriate, as well as communicate information and create appropriate tools for international partners for assigned projects.
- Effectively manage marketing & promotion budgets for RECORDS projects
- Work with Co-founder and CFO of RECORDS to create budgets for each commercial release.
- Work with finance department to process invoices and maintain budgets.
- Work with RECORDS Finance & Business Affairs to identify applicable recoup ability terms.
- Effectively traffic all aspects of assigned projects from master delivery through production.
- Coordinate effectively with Marketing, Creative, Productions and A&R (including A&R Admin) to ensure timely delivery of elements for album promotion.
- For any video projects, act as a liaison between RECORDS, artist camp, production and authoring companies. Assemble elements and work with Business Affairs to make sure proper clearances are obtained.
- Experience in a digital marketing position with proven success in creating innovative, creative campaigns
- Broad understanding of basic marketing principles and on-line community building
- Solid understanding and passion for digital innovation and an ability to apply relevant trends to music marketing.
- Experience deriving insight and action through data analytics, specifically in the digital space
- Experience with social and online analytics tools
- Extensive knowledge of digital music space, including online and mobile
- Knowledge of social marketing and streaming platforms and best practices associated with these platforms
- Basic graphic design skills with proficiency in Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience with content management systems; WordPress experience a plus
- Basic experience capturing audio/video content (particularly of public figures) a plus
- Experience in a role that required a collaborative, consultative approach along with strong presentation skills and ability to explain complex situations in clear terms to management and large groups
- Advanced organizational skills with a strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills, including superb writing and editing skills
- Willingness to work extended hours including nights and weekends
- Extensive knowledge on the following applications (including but not limited to): Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Musical.ly, Dubsmash, Trilla, Tumblr, Periscope, Apple Music, Spotify, Tidal, Pandora, Youtube Music, Soundcloud
- 5+ years marketing experience, 3+ years management level experience.
- Extensive knowledge of music and music/entertainment business.
Please email resumes to Sara Gil ([email protected])