- To effectively and creatively manage all aspects of marketing campaigns for assigned RCA label artists from Sony Music UK‘s London HQ.
- To manage all marketing activity in line with commercial objectives and approved M&P budget.
- To manage the successful marketing of Sony Music from signing through launch across UK and US repertoire and maximise commercial opportunities across physical and digital.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with artist management, key Sony Music departments and external agencies/suppliers. Ensure creative excellence in campaign execution.
Creative / Strategy
- Work with A&R, creative, insight, marketing & artist management to create and articulate artist positioning and short- and long-term campaign objectives
- Work with creative team to direct act’s image, including styling, photo shoots and videos to ensure that the act is well represented at all times
- Drive innovation and creativity through all facets of the campaign
- Manage creation of all tools, including all types of artwork, photography, digital assets, video, moving images, including original content development throughout campaign in conjunction with management, creative and digital creative teams.
- Participate in consumer focus groups and utilise the input
- Ensure ‘creative excellence’ in the execution of all artists marketing assets
Marketing / Digital
- Spearhead market-leading integrated artist campaigns from concept to execution across all areas of business to continually expand fan bases
- Deliver artist campaign marketing plan that reflect artist positioning and meet strategic goals
- Maximise global revenue potential for all artists by close collaboration with international marketing & coordinating efforts across departments to drive innovative and engaging campaigns
- Work with media agency, to create holistic media plan across platforms adhering to approved project budgets. Be point person across the marketing team to work with MGM on alternative advertising solutions.
- Responsible for planning of content marketing, CRM growth strategy, and digital partnership opportunities in conjunction with Channel Manager , Sales and International teams.
- Develop, solicit and execute content strategy, including music video, digital & social, in collaboration with Channel Manager.
- Identify new and external opportunities for artist promotion.
- Work closely with Insight, Marketing & Planning Strategist and sales team on streaming platforms and looking at ways of targeting the consumer and ideas around maximising artist exposure.
- Work closely with Marketing Assistant, Production, Digital Ops, and designers to initiate artwork, release and POS production as needed to ensure all project deadlines are met
- Ensure distribution of necessary marketing tools required by each department
- Ensure timely delivery of all aspects of a marketing campaign in line with core project and approval route milestones, within budget
- Communicate with internal & external artist teams, which may include, A&R, management and artists, on a regular basis to address concerns, manage expectations and maintain a good working relationship
- Ensure use of consumer insight and commercial data throughout marketing campaign for planning, evaluation and identification of opportunity; interpret implications of quantitative and qualitative insight for marketing campaigns
- Manage artist diary with press, sales, national, and regional promotions teams as well as agents and repertoire owner where relevant
- Work alongside Director of Marketing, Snr Marketing Managers, Product Managers and Sony Music Marketing Agency team, on the procurement of Commercial partnerships across all artists
- Ensure timely delivery of all aspects of the marketing campaign in line with core project and approval route milestones
- To be an ambassador for Marketing and Sony Music, including attending gigs, spreading the word and generally maximising marketing opportunities wherever possible.
- To be aware of trends and opportunities that provides us with a chance to market our artists effectively
Revenue / Finance
- To be aware of Company’s turnover & P&L targets and work with marketing and management team to meet the targets for the assigned projects
- Work with artist teams to allocate and manage marketing expenditures ensure; monitor spends to ensure adherence to approved budgets and achievement of project KPIs
- Work with finance as part of the forecasting and budgeting process
- To adhere to T&E budgets and guidelines
- Contribute to increasing profitability of RCA’s roster and market share growth
- Effectively manage product marketing spend in line with approved M&P budget and project KPIs
- Analyse and evaluate effectiveness of marketing campaigns during and after utilising all commercial and marketing data points available
- Monitor changes in the market, with an emphasis on the industry, competitors and campaigns
Please note: candidates must come from a music marketing manager background
- Proven experience and success in managing marketing campaigns from concept through to launch within the Music Industry.
- Proven capability of taking a holistic approach to marketing by having always optimised off line and on line opportunities
- Experience of delivering album campaigns on budget and on time.
- Worked with UK roster and proven track record of breaking UK artists.
- Creative and can confidently offer and implement innovative and bespoke campaign ideas and solutions
- Ability to engage others and work collaboratively
- Proven commercial acumen
- Digitally aware and focused
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Highly organised and driven
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Ability to self initiate and manage projects
- Effective influencer and negotiator
- Passionate about music and the RCA roster
- Results orientated
- Highly motivated
- Awareness and interest in the music industry as a whole
- Team player
- Open minded
- Creative with a flair for marketing
- Focused on a career in marketing
Rock/Indie/Guitar-based roster experience