JOB TITLE: GENERAL MANAGER
TYPE: FULL-TIME PERMANENT
SALARY: DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE
Pure is looking to hire a people-focussed, forward-thinking and commercially minded General Manager who can motivate, support and provide solid management across all areas of the business. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative and creative leader and demonstrate a good knowledge of Live Music and A&R, together with excellent connections through the wider music and creative industries and will pro-actively contribute to the growth of the business. The role will suit someone who can work collaboratively, share their knowledge and is committed to delivering a first-class service to clients and to the team.
Pure is a London based independent music agency booking shows and festivals worldwide for domestic and international talent. With integrity, excellence, artistic authenticity and music-lovers at the heart of the company, we’re passionate about growing a culture of inclusivity and sustainability. Pure is committed to building a team which represents our diverse roster of artists including; a-ha, Benjamin Clementine, Brittany Howard, George Ezra, Holly Humberstone, Jamiroquai, Michael Kiwanuka, Paolo Nutini, The Mysterines, Tokio Myers, amongst other leading and ground-breaking talent.
The General Manager is an all-encompassing role providing support to the Director in the day to day management of the business, ensuring the teams all work as a cohesive unit. Key areas and duties will include:
- Curating and overseeing brand partnerships.
- Working alongside the Director to develop company targets.
- Working alongside the senior team to create business strategy and opportunities.
- Building and managing new business relationships including brand partnerships.
- Overseeing and managing booking team including mentoring junior agents and supervising signing policy.
- Managing and collaborating with finance team including forecasting & cashflows.
- HR duties – training and management of staff including appraisals and working alongside Director in the hiring of new team members.
- Overseeing and managing contracting / admin team including overview of contracts and database, Visa/CoS requirements.
- Overseeing and managing marketing and digital team including overview of tour announcements and marketing, ticketing, website and socials output.
- Development of company website and digital platforms.
- Developing and managing company work experience initiatives.
- Working alongside the Sustainability consultant towards ‘net zero’ goal including developing initiatives to support clients in ‘greener’ touring.
- Representing the company by engaging with wider industry working groups implementing positive initiatives, including EDI & Sustainability.
- General operations including maintaining company insurance, polices and compliance.
- Analysing company activity to recommend and implement changes to improve internal systems & best practices.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- 3 years+ experience in a similar senior management role leading a team.
- 2 years+ experience of building relationships with brands and / or other relevant creative industry business partners.
- Solid understanding of the mechanics of the live industry and the key players involved.
- Experience of implementing strategies and systems and setting company and individual targets for growth.
- Deep knowledge of company financial management and contracts.
- Knowledge of marketing, digital platforms and being up to date with latest industry trends.
- Ability to work independently across multiple projects simultaneously.
- A solid proven track record of leading and delivering successful projects.
- Self-management, time management and exceptional organisation skills.
- Competent use of all Microsoft Programmes, plus CMS and database experience.
- A working knowledge of current technology and tech trends.
- A natural problem solver with a methodical and meticulous approach.
- A deep network of industry contacts and established relationships across labels, management, promoters and brands worldwide.
- Previous proven leadership and team management experience.
- A collaborative approach with excellent relationship building skills.
- An active listener with strong communication skills.
- An inclusive and supportive people manager, with the ability to adapt own leadership style to different learning and working styles within in the team.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 27th March, with “Pure – General Manager” in the subject line. Please be patient with us when waiting for a response, we’re a small team, so will reply as soon as we can 🙂
Equity & Inclusion Matters To Us
Pure is committed to diversity, inclusion and equity. We believe in building and continuously striving for fair and equitable workplaces in the music industry. Please do let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to the application process.