JOB TITLE: CONTRACTS ASSISTANT
TYPE: FULL-TIME PERMANENT
SALARY: DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE
We’re looking for a detail focussed Contracts Assistant to join our forward-thinking independent live music agency. Previous experience working in music not essential, but experience of working with contracts and a great eye for detail will be key!
Pure is a London based independent music agency booking shows and festivals worldwide for domestic and international artists. With integrity, excellence, artistic authenticity and music-lovers at the heart of the company, we’re passionate about growing a culture of inclusivity and sustainability. Pure is committed to building a team which represents our diverse roster of artists including; a-ha, Benjamin Clementine, Brittany Howard, George Ezra, Holly Humberstone, Jamiroquai, Melanie C, Michael Kiwanuka, Paolo Nutini, The Mysterines, Tokio Myers, Trillary Banks amongst other incredible talent.
- We are looking for a Contracts Assistant to join our busy team. Working alongside the agents and booking team, the ideal candidate will have previous experience in a contracts and / or legal focused role, be detail focused, with an adaptable approach, a problem solver who can prioritise their own workload to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
The main focus of the role is to provide contracting and general support to the agents and booking team. The role will include but is not limited to:
Issuing Terms of Business for new clients
- Creating and issuing deal confirmations
- Negotiating and issuing multiple contracts for live performances to deadlines and ensuring execution
- Data inputting and management of database
- Liaising with finance team to generate invoices and chase deposits
- Gathering and processing necessary tax / FEU documents for shows
- Organising CoS and visas worldwide where needed
- Collating and formatting ticket sales info to pass to management and artists
- Communicating with promoters, venues and managers regarding costings and settlements
- Ad-hoc duties to support the team including; sourcing availability on venues and routing tours
- Assisting in the monitoring and development of internal systems
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Solid experience in a contracts focussed role, ideally within music but not essential, transferable experience dealing with contracts is essential.
- A strong grasp of working with numbers and an impeccable attention to detail.
- Confidence working across complicated domestic and international deals.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel & Word) & WordPress.
- Knowledge of Xero & Overture (preferred but not essential).
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
- Exceptional organisation skills and proficiency in working to deadlines.
- Confident and calm under pressure.
- An active problem solver.
- A good understanding of how the live industry works and the key players involved (desirable but not essential).
- An understanding of and experience in dealing with split contracts and international tax management (desirable but not essential).
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] no later than Wednesday 20th April 2022, with “Pure – Contracts Assistant” in the subject line. Please be patient with us when waiting for a response, we’re a small team, so will reply as soon as we can 🙂
Equity & Inclusion Matters To Us
Pure is committed to diversity, inclusion and equity. We believe in building and continuously striving for fair and equitable workplaces in the music industry. Please do let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to the application process.