Day-to-Day Artist Manager (Full-Time) / Seeking Dedicated, Driven Music Lover to Join Our Hands-On Team
Punkdafunk is a boutique artist management company with a small but vibrant roster of international and Grammy-nominated artists including Cut Copy, SOFI TUKKER and Crush Club. We are a tight-knit team that is deeply involved in all aspects of our artists’ global careers. We have collectively over 40 years of experience in the music business across a wide variety of sectors with a bunch of gold and platinum records under our belts. You can learn more about our business philosophy and artists here: https://www.punkdafunk.com/about/
We are looking for a detail-oriented person with great communication skills to add to our team as a Day-to-Day Manager. This is a full time entry-level to intermediate management job. In this job you will work closely with our team on both big-picture items and all manner of details, and interface with the artists and the teams around them in all areas of the business including making records, touring, promotion, social media, content creation, marketing, finance, and scheduling. You will learn a tremendous amount about all aspects of the music business along the way (and hopefully teach us a thing or two as well).
The Ideal Candidate:
- A highly organized, self-motivated person who is great both as a team member and flying solo
- Someone great at communicating ideas and executing them
- A “people-person” able to interface with both creative and business people. A positive, optimistic person who likes to have a laugh and contribute to a team culture
- Someone who can see a project through from start to finish, can overcome rejection without any ego, and who isn’t afraid to ask questions when they are wading into unfamiliar territory
- Has 1-3 years of music industry experience (including internships), and general familiarity with key tools (Spotify For Artists, Apple For Artists, Chartmetric, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Someone who is comfortable working with budgets and basic accounting
- Familiarity with social media platforms new and old is required
- Graphic design, Photoshop, and basic video editing skills are preferred.
- A keen interest in the visual arts, fashion, and current events is a plus!
Starting salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance.
New York metro area – in person & remote. Our office is based in a bright top floor space in the heart of Jersey City (a short subway ride from Lower Manhattan). Hours are a mix of in-person office hours and remote/work from home.
Please email your resume to [email protected] along with a short paragraph letting us know the important stuff about you that isn’t on it, and links to three songs and three visuals that blow your mind.
There is power in diversity of, but not limited to, race, color, ethnicity, nationality, religion, socioeconomic status, education, marital status, language, age, gender, gender expressions, gender identity, sexual orientation, mental and physical ability, and learning styles. Our team and clients are stronger when we are committed to having an inclusive & open workspace.