Personal Assistant (6 Month Fixed Term Contract)
# of Openings; 1
Music wouldn’t exist without the work of songwriters, composers and publishers. We’re here to represent them and ensure that they are rewarded for their creations. Over a century in the making, we are a global leader in the industry and always take centre stage.
We are looking for an experienced Personal Assistant to provide support to both the Director of Membership and the President of PRS for Music. This will include diary management, board meeting document preparation and admin support.
The successful candidate will also have coordination responsibility for the smooth organisation and running of all aspects of key Member-related Committees, Advisory Groups and meetings.
As our Personal Assistant some of your day to day duties will include….
- Diary Management at President/Director level to ensure that meetings and appointments are scheduled according to priorities and that effective use is made of the time available.
- Being the first point of contact and acting on their behalf as a representative on matters of an administrative nature.
- Organise meetings at a senior level which may involve individuals within or external to PRS for Music (including Board meeting document preparation and admin support, distribution of agendas, preparation of meeting packs, note/minute taking and distribution of notes/minutes).
- Organise and book travel, accommodation and arrange travel itineraries to make optimum use of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) members time.
- Provide a typing/WP service which may include complex documents of a highly confidential and/or technically complex nature.
- Provide administrative support for all key Member related Committees & Advisory Groups, including pre-meets, agenda-setting meetings, taking minutes and actions, maintaining and updating action trackers in collaboration with PRS Management attendees.
- Collate and communicate papers for the meetings, ensuring PRS Management contributions are timely and in accordance with the expected style.
For a full list of responsibilities, please contact us at Recruitment@prsformusic.com and request a copy of the job description.
At PRS for Music, we want you to bring the best version of yourself to work every day and we celebrate individuality. Along with being whoever you want to be, in an ideal world you will also have…
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and software packages in use, including MS Forms, SharePoint and OneDrive.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workloads including being able to support several Senior Executives.
- Sound understanding of responsibilities and priorities of their line manager.
- Experience of writing and putting together board papers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Accuracy at all levels of work with good attention to detail and excellent written English.
- Experience of dealing with material of a highly confidential nature.
- Ability to remain professional when handling sensitive data
- Strong organisational skills.
- Previous experience of and ability to work in a high-volume role.
- Flexible and confident approach.
- Independence, resilience and the ability to self-motivate.
- General awareness of the industry and affiliated societies (desirable)
We know that the world isn’t always ideal, so please don’t rule yourself out if you have other qualities to bring to the party.
What’s in it for you?
Joining the band here at PRS for Music is so much more than just a day job! Below are just a few notes that set us apart from the crowd.
- We trust, value, and support our people to make the difference
- We believe that diversity of thought and experience provides the platform for innovation and creativity
- We are consciously inclusive
- We invest in the development of our people to drive our ambitions forward
- Work from anywhere in the world, for up to 2 months of the year
A whole range of other benefits, including retail discounts, gym discounts and tickets to gigs.
Our interview process for this role is simple and as follows:
- First stage interview virtually.
- Second stage interview in person at our London Bridge Hub.
We offer a hybrid working model, allowing employees to work from home for 1-2 days per week. However, when you see the view from our London Bridge Hub overlooking the River Thames, we are sure you will want to join us in our fun, collaborative working space!
If this role pulls your strings, please apply now!