Content Editor – Communications & Marketing
We have an exciting opportunity for a Content Editor to join our Communications & Marketing team working across our Kings Cross & Streatham offices.
PRS for Music Limited is the UK’s leading collection society, bringing together two collection societies: the Mechanical-Copyright Protection Society and the Performing Right Society.
We undertake collective rights management for musical works on behalf of over 140,000 members. We pay royalties to our members when their work is performed, broadcast, streamed, downloaded, reproduced, played in public or used in film and TV. We support them by influencing policy, supporting and hosting awards and events, and investing in new technology to ensure we’re fit for the digital music age.
About the Role
Are you as passionate about music as you are about crafting great content?
We’re looking for an experienced Content Editor with a flair for creating engaging copy and rich media to play an integral role in our Creative Services team.
You’ll be producing daily content for PRS for Music’s online channels, including M online and its associated social media platforms, and will assist with the production of high-quality video and audio content, including live events and interviews.
You’ll also provide a copywriting and proof-reading resource for the wider Marketing and Communications department, writing adverts and marketing materials, and supporting the overall work of the department.
The role of Content Editor will include:
- Pitching, sourcing and creating daily written content for M online including business news, interviews and features
- Creating and uploading content for M’s Instagram and Twitter accounts with a view to grow both channels
- Uploading and sharing M content using Content Management Systems, ensuring that the editorial calendar is filled
- Creating and updating written content for PRS for Music print collateral, online marketing, website copy and brand messaging
- Assisting with the production of video and audio content, including interviews, live music sessions and playlists
- Attending and reporting from industry conferences and events, representing both M and PRS for Music
- Working with the Editorial Manager to ensure communications adhere to tone of voice and style guidelines
The salary for this role is circa £28,000 per annum, depending on experience.
The successful applicant will have an understanding of what makes engaging and informative copy with a proven track record for creating top quality journalistic content.
You will be a confident, experienced writer or journalist with a natural aptitude for writing clear and concise content for a variety of audiences. You will also be compliant with best practice SEO.
Ideally you will have a background working within a busy magazine, communications, media or agency environment. Experience of creating rich media content including audio and visual assets, preferably using Final Cut Pro for the Mac, is also desirable for this role.
PRS for Music is a forward-thinking music copyright company with a focus on being the number one rights management company in the world.
We live by our values they are deeply ingrained in our company culture. We want to help you grow throughout your career, so we have plenty of development opportunities for you.
We run a number of well-being activities throughout the year and encourage flexible working and a relaxed dress code.
We also have a number of perks including roof terraces on both sites, regular live music events, subsidised cafes, corporate discounts including gym membership and home working.
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you – either reply with your CV or send your CV to Recruitment@prsformusic.com