Project M Group LLC is a digital media and ecommerce company based in New York City.
Founded in 2016, Project M identifies large genres with passionate and highly engaged enthusiasts and then acquires digital media properties in those areas. Project M is the owner of both the #1 brand in tattooing (INKED Magazine) as well as the #1 brand in rock/metal music (REVOLVER Magazine) and the #1 music collecting brand (GOLDMINE Magazine). Project M also owns notable brands like: BrooklynVegan, Metal Edge and The Hard Times. We have built an extremely talented team to take our brands to the next level and are looking for a full-time Music E-commerce Marketing Manager to join us.
The Music Marketing Manager will oversee marketing of music and music merchandise products across Project M’s roster of music brands and our owned media channels including websites, paid and organic social media, email and our print magazines. The Music Marketing Manager will report to our Chief Operating Officer based in New York, NY with a flexible work from home and/or office structure.
This role will have a key hand in all aspects of our music marketing presence and initiatives from strategy and ideation to execution. The Music E-commerce Marketing Manager will coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to create, launch, and measure performance of marketing campaigns for our music products as well as drive audience growth.
The Music E-commerce Marketing Manager must have a deep passion and knowledge of the social, digital, and emerging media landscape and the ins and outs of core e-commerce, email, and social platforms. She/he must keep up with updates and trends in the landscape and have a good sense of the competitive playing field across the music and entertainment industries. This candidate is both creative and data-driven to inform insightful pivots and decisions that drive our brands forward. Strong marketing writing skills in-line with the tones of voice of our individual brands is a must.
The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands-on deck” environment, able to operate independently, and able to thrive in a start-up culture. At the core, you should be an innovator, ready to help our team grow our vibrant e-commerce business.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO (RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO)
- Coordinate and execute digital marketing for our music and music merchandise products across: BrooklynVegan, Goldmine, Metal Edge, Revolver and The Hard Times.
- Manage and execute delivery of e-commerce emails across our music brands
- Manage and execute delivery of e-commerce social media marketing including coordination with our digital agencies
- Create, manage, and execute e-commerce audience growth campaigns and strategies
- Lead ideation and planning of compelling digital and print advertising materials to power our e-commerce efforts in conjunction with our design team.
- Participate and lead brainstorms across departments to ideate e-commerce ideas/campaigns big and small tied to e-commerce priorities.
- Manage the road from brainstorm through execution on greenlit ideas
- Coordinate with editorial and social media colleagues across brands to ensure timely and successful execution of marketing efforts
- Act as lead point of contact for all things e-commerce marketing and audience growth with clients, partners, and external vendors.
- Help plan & execute one-off, bigger e-commerce activations (both virtual and IRL) that include influencers, talent, clients, and partners.
- Monitor trends/best practices in the music industry and digital media landscape including platforms, tools, applications, competitive campaigns. Recommend plus onboard the best products and tools for use at Project M
- Troubleshoot urgent e-commerce technology issues with our team, agencies, and platform partners.
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR (QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS)
- 3-4 years’ experience in an e-commerce marketing role within the music industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Arts, Communications, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Solid working experience with Shopify or another similar e-commerce sales platform
- Working experience and comfort with daily use of ecommerce email and SMS marketing platforms like Klaviyo and MailChimp.
- Proven track record of successful digital and social media marketing campaigns.
- Experience in commissioning the production of advertising materials for online use is preferred.
- Strong Project Management skills; experience coordinating and interfacing with clients, partners, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Tremendous attention to detail, a copy editor’s eye is a must.
- Strong writing skills and ability to adapt to brands’ tone of voice; a strong creative vision for digital content creation and ideation that will resonate with our core audiences.
- Basic understanding of social media marketing tactics and analytics across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. Additional knowledge of TikTok and Snapchat is a bonus.
- Knowledge of the competitive landscape within music industry.
- A passion for music and the music industry in general.
- Knowledge of tattooing and an appreciation for tattoo culture.
- Proficient with MS Office: PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Intimate understanding of social media space and emerging trends
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker with a thirst to drive innovation
- Ability to communicate and present to internal teams, partners, clients
- Strong creative strategy and thinking skills
- Proficient in social media content creation and ideation, up to date on trends and the latest content types being created in the social / entertainment industry space
- Proficient in a variety of digital publishing, analytics, and reporting tools
WHAT WE OFFER
Project M Group offers a flexible work from home and/or office environment, strong compensation, and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, commuter, 401K and much more. This is an excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor with a company built on the trust and legacy of amazing established brands, with the passion and growth of a startup.
HOW TO APPLY
If interested in this opportunity, please email your résumé to our Chief Operating Officer, James Welch, at: [email protected]