Primephonic is a fast-growing music streaming service that has been dubbed by the media as ‘the Spotify of classical music’.
By building an app dedicated entirely to classical music, we reinvent the digital classical music experience and reignite a global passion for the genre. Classical music lovers are currently heavily undeserved in the digital space, which is why it’s our mission to build a better future for the genre by offering the world’s most extensive classical music catalogue, available to stream in the highest audio quality with world-leading search functionality built bespoke for classical music.
Our app is underpinned by a payout model which sees classical musicians paid in a fairer way than traditional services. Primephonic launched its streaming service (iOS, Android and web) in the United States, United Kingdom and The Netherlands in September 2018. Since August 2019, Primephonic is available in over 150 countries. With offices in New York City and Amsterdam, our rapidly growing team is home to 30+ classical music lovers of twenty different nationalities. Primephonic has been covered by a.o. The New York Times, the LA Times and the Financial Times.
As a Marketing Coordinator in our New York office, you will build a digital brand in the classical music world and be responsible for the marketing one of the worlds’ leading classical music scale-ups. You will develop and execute strategies and campaigns via digital and offline marketing channels to support customer acquisition, PR, branding, and other company priorities. In this role you will manage partnerships and work closely with orchestras, labels, and artist management, gaining experience in nearly all online and offline marketing channels. This includes PR, sampling, direct mail and paid social media campaigns. You will be the contact person for daily operations i.e. daily point of contact for partners and vendors; working and meeting with world class artists, orchestras and venues is guaranteed! You will report to our Head of America in New York, which whom you will be working with on a daily basis. Several times a week, you will have remote calls with our colleagues in our HeadQuarters in Amsterdam (The Netherlands). Occasional travelling to the Netherlands for business purposes will be part of the role since we do value live meetings!
Who are you
- Bachelor degree, ideally in marketing, arts or communications
- 1-3 years’ experience in a marketing role as brand manager / marketing specialist / project marketeer/ marketing coordinator for a consumer brand, digital product or arts organization
- Experience with executing marketing campaigns (e.g. for labels, orchestras, museums or venues).
- Responsible for coordinating interviews, content, digital playlists, advertising, etc.
- Copywriting, editing and proof-reading skills
- Experience with creation & delivery of marketing assets (digital, print, radio and direct mail materials)
- Basic visual design skills
- Basic understanding of paid online (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and offline performance campaigns
- Strong communication skills
- Eye for detail
- Located in the United States and native English speaker
Nice to haves
- In depth knowledge of classical music and the classical music industry
- Familiarity with CRM tools
- Insights on how a start up like Primephonic builds a global brand
- Join an inspiring and global music tech company with 30+ colleagues from twenty different nationalities
- Purpose driven organisation: our product makes people truly happy and creates a better future for classical music
- Work with the best: you will work with our seasoned Head of America (ex VP at Universal and Warner Music), CMO (ex Procter & Gamble) and CEO (ex-BCG) on a daily basis
- Attending Strategy Days and occasional travelling to the HeadQuarters in Amsterdam (Netherlands) to work shoulder to shoulder with the (marketing-)team!
- Full time employment and good compensation package
- 20 holiday days (full-time based) according to European standards.
- Health & Benefits package
- Last but not least a free subscription to the Primephonic App!