Primephonic is a digital music start-up that has been dubbed by the media as ‘the Spotify of classical music’. With the best 100% classical music streaming service we are reinventing the digital classical music experience and reigniting a global passion for the genre.
Classical music lovers are currently heavily underserved in the digital space. We are changing this by offering the world’s most extensive classical music catalogue, the highest audio quality and the best search in the industry. At the same time, we pay out classical artists in a fair way.
Primephonic launched its streaming service (Android, iOS and web) in the United States, United Kingdom and The Netherlands in the Fall of 2018. Our global expansion is planned for 2019.
Based in Amsterdam, with a commercial office in New York City, our rapidly growing team is home to over 20 passionate professionals of ten different nationalities.
As an early growth start-up with a rapidly growing subscriber base in the USA, UK and Netherlands, you will be working closely with our COO in determining the commercial and legal path to business expansion globally.
Multimedia (music, podcasts videos and images) is Primephonic’s core content. As the in-house music business and licensing expert, you will manage our relationships and contracts with content owners, labels and publishers on a domestic and international level. You will develop a licensing commercial strategy that is fair for classical music within the neighbouring and mechanical rights field. You will negotiate and contractually formalise these contracts worldwide. On a regular basis, you will execute a smooth and timely reporting flow back towards the content owners and publishers.
You will also evaluate strategic initiatives and new opportunities in the market that maximizes content exposure and revenue. You will make sure that newly acquired and exclusive content will be made available on our niche streaming service. Next to that you will also be developing attractive ground-breaking business models in the digital streaming sphere.
Who are you?
- Min. 2-3 years of work experience in digital content licensing and/or acquisition
- Strong negotiating, financial analytical, and organisational skills
- Professional interpersonal skills to interface with outside attorneys and teams
- Creative approach regarding sound and practical business judgement
- Substantial experience with defining and reviewing legal frameworks and contracts. You will not be daunted by large legal documents and formal language
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage a high-volume workload with impeccable follow-through capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Clear understanding of discretion and confidentiality in all communications
- Looking for a workplace where you will enjoy a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- You will play a vital role in shaping the future of classical music in the digital space
- You will get the full insights in the world of music laws, rights and streaming services
- Very international role, with occasional traveling to London, New York and other music hubs
- You will be part of one of the Music Ally’s top ten most disruptive music start-up to watch
- We are a purpose driven organisation: our product makes people truly happy
- You will join a very inspiring, global, international young team of over 20 music lovers from 10 different countries
- Trendy office space along The Knowledge Mile of Amsterdam, close to city center
- Positive and fun office vibe with regular masterclasses, monthly team outings & strategy sessions offsite, fresh cooked lunch and Friday afternoon drinks with live music in our office!
- Good compensation and a contribution to a pension scheme.
- 25 days of paid holidays per year
- 8% holiday allowance
- Dedicated workspace and MacBook with accessories
- Last but not least a free subscription to the Primephonic app!
Get in touch with us today!