Primephonic is a 100% classical music digital streaming platform and high-definition download store, which was founded in 2014 as a direct response to the urgent challenges and opportunities following the digital revolution within the classical music industry.
Primephonic seeks to reinvent the digital classical music experience and reignite a global passion for the genre. Our ambition is to reach the underserved classical music listener with the most extensive classical music catalog, high-quality audio, and industry-leading search technology while at the same time reversing the declining revenue trend for artists and labels.
During the last 3 years, Primephonic has developed its platform and catalogue, which have gone live this summer. For the commercial role out in the US, we are looking for a Commercial Director to lead our US team in NYC to drive exponential sales of downloads and streaming subscriptions in the USA and to develop and roll out our CRM and customer service. The US team consists of 2 full-fledged marketing managers and potentially additional interns.
The Commercial Director (USA) is responsible for developing and implementing commercial strategies to accelerate sales growth. S/he will conduct market research and analysis to create a clear customer-centric marketing strategy that encompasses all marketing segments. The Commercial Director is also responsible to develop our CRM and customer service strategy and operations.
S/he is an analytical and entrepreneurial person, who will develop and implement our commercial strategy in the US. S/he is always identifying new marketing opportunities for promoting Primephonic and has a wide network of partners within the classical music industry to forge strong B2B collaborations and deals with. S/he is a natural salesperson and a hands-on leader by leading the team in all activities, including hosting events and setting up sales kiosks. S/he will attend fairs and deliver brand pitches and constantly keep up to date with industry and technological changes that impact the business. On a day-to-day basis, s/he will manage the US team’s operating budget and oversee the Primephonic’s online revenue generation, CRM and customer service.
This is an independent position based in New York, with required travel to Primephonic’s HQ in The Netherlands, at least once a quarter. S/he will report directly to the CEO on strategic execution and evaluate for areas of improvement. S/he will work closely with the internationally based communications marketing and product development teams to launch successful sales activities and campaigns in the US.
- Lead the US team of 3-4 professionals, strategically expanding the team over time
- Draft and execute marketing and sales plan
- Manage operational and marketing budget of the US team
- Forge collaborative deals to promote Primephonic with B2B partners (labels, venues, orchestras…etc.)
- Enhance brand awareness and create product demand by developing direct relationships with end user customers and with industry
- Clear reporting to the CEO on strategic marketing operations and activities
- Keep abreast with the digital music industry marketing trends and developments
- Min. 5 years of experience in a leading Sales and Marketing function
- Strong network within the digital music or classical music industry
- Educational background ideally in business administration and / or classical music
- Strong entrepreneurial and leadership skills
- Analytical, sales-driven and goal-oriented with great negotiation skills
- Excellent presentation and pitching skills
- Highly independent and self-motivated
- A passion for classical music
- Industry-confirmed salary
- Excellent sales performance bonus scheme
- Attractive share option plan
- Dynamic start-up team with strong growth opportunities
- Self-responsibility and ownership freedom
- Opportunity to work in an international context
If you are passionate about disrupting the traditional classical music industry and know you are the best person for this position, please apply.