Director of Creative Sync
Primary Wave Music is the world’s leading independent publisher of iconic and legendary music. The company is home to some of the most iconic songwriters, artists, and record labels across the history of recorded music, including James Brown, Bob Marley, Stevie Nicks, Smokey Robinson, Burt Bacharach, Ray Charles, Sun Records, and many more.
Throughout the company’s 16-year existence, Primary Wave has earned a reputation for being forward-thinking, re-introducing classic artists and their music into the modern marketplace, and nurturing new talent. As a company, we strive for excellence in the pursuit of iconic artists and catalogs that not only reflect great artistry but impact and influence culture.
The Primary Wave Sync Licensing department seeks a New York-based Director of Creative Sync.
This is an opportunity for an experienced creative exec to join our dynamic team and work with some of the world’s most iconic music. This creative/pitch position reports to the SVP/Head of Sync and would work closely with the Sync team and other Primary Wave departments.
To be successful, you should have
- 8-10+ years of sync licensing experience at a music publisher, record label, ad agency, music supervision company, or a similar position in a Sync / Licensing department
- An extensive, proven track record of proactively pitching and landing syncs in various visual media
- A very deep, established network of music supervision and other contacts in advertising and film/TV music organizations, and is proactive in creating new client relationships
- Thorough knowledge of music licensing, copyright, and the evolving advertising and film/tv music industries
- A proactive self-starter who also works well as part of a team
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, iTunes, Disco, or similar music-pitching platforms
- A strong work ethic and strives to make a positive impact on overall Sync department and company priorities
- Passionate about music and our industry!
Your responsibilities as the Director of Creative Sync will include:
- Pitch Primary Wave’s roster of classic artist catalogs, contemporary writers, and management clients to advertising agencies, music supervisors, film/tv studio departments, and others in the creative business community, identifying and generating creative sync opportunities and revenue for our artists
- Organize showcases and other artist/client events and meetings
- Work with other internal departments to assist with onboarding newly acquired catalogs and other new partnerships
- Handle incoming sync licensing requests and approvals while liaising with songwriters and managers, film/TV and advertising clients, as well as co-rights holders and publishing administration partners
- Assist in department and company projects as needed
- Be a vital part of a collaborative and supportive team while working with some of the world’s most all-time iconic music
We offer exceptional benefits to our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent career path. We provide one of the best available benefit programs for small businesses, including a healthcare plan, 401(k), long-term and short-term disability, holidays, life insurance, hybrid work schedule, and vacation.
We work to maintain the best environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
This position’s estimated base salary range is $80,000 to $125,000 per year and includes 401k and benefits. The actual salary rate offered to candidates will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, years of relevant experience, business needs, and the candidate’s overall qualifications for the position as assessed by Primary Wave.
The salary range is subject to change at any time, depending on internal and external factors.
To respond to this great opportunity, please go to: https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/71929390
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.