Primary Wave Music is one of the largest independent music publishing and talent management companies in the United States, founded in 2006.
Primary Wave Music creates marketing and branding strategies for its diverse roster of iconic and legendary artists and songs through their four in-house operating divisions: Music Publishing, Talent Management and Brand and Digital agencies, to help cross promote our artists and brand relationships. We are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship.
With just three employees in 2006, Primary Wave has grown to a company of 70+ employees today, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, and Austin. With a team of the industry’s finest executives, Primary Wave is consistently growing and looking towards the future, focusing on integrating all aspects of the entertainment industry.
Copyright & Contract Administrator
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and a sharp mind who will be responsible for copyright royalty administration, contract management, and statement production.
This position will ensure that all contract, copyright and asset management data is ingested into internal and external systems accurately and timely and that all obligations to report to third parties are met.
This position will play an integral role in the development and maintenance of systems designed to collect and organize data around catalogs, assets, and transactions. The role reports to the Director of Copyrights & Royalties and will work very closely with the CFO and COO.
Your specific responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Ensuring that data is accurately summarized from contracts and recorded into internal documents and systems; facilitating cross-functional awareness to and understanding of all deals
- Preparing and delivering timely and accurate statements and payments to writers and partners reflecting contract terms
- Tracking advance recoupment and liaising with creative departments to ensure awareness of deal status
- Tracking licensing approval requirements and liaising with synch licensing department to ensure awareness
- Managing the new deal onboarding checklist to ensure all pre- and post-closing steps are achieved
- Delivering deals and song data to administrators; facilitating catalog transfer between societies and other publishers
- Working with the Director of Copyrights & Royalties to communicate with writers regarding their royalties, registrations, and any claim disputes
- Helping to manage royalty audits, including sending notification letters and communicating with engaged auditors
- Acting as the lead contact with partners to ensure a successful implementation of a contract, royalties and asset management database system.
- Managing the accuracy and completeness of the database and catalog asset tracking system on an ongoing basis
- Helping to ensure compliance with all internal and external policies and regulations
- Reviewing workflows and driving continuous process improvements; acting as a change agent to increase operational effectiveness
- Communicating regularly and effectively with the team to raise concerns and ensure transparency
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with 5+ years of relevant work experience in music or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience with music publishing contracts and copyright administration
- Understanding of worldwide publishing and copyright royalties required
- Some accounting and/or finance experience required
- Strong knowledge of and experience with software technology and data manipulation
- Ability to synthesize data and create reports from scratch
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and manage time to prioritize tasks
- Must be self-motivated with an intellectual curiosity
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this great opportunity, please go to: http://ejob.bz/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=27377828
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.