Primary Wave seeks a consultant to help market and promote classical music including the celebrated Canadian pianist Glenn Gould.
The consultant will be tasked with marketing strategy and execution for the Glenn Gould catalog.
She/he will be responsible for generating innovative and profitable marketing opportunities including, but not limited to:
- Assisting in the development of original music-centric media content (film, TV, theatrical opportunities)
- Catalog A&R exploitation (selecting potential releases from the CBC archives and working with CBC, Sony Music distributors & various 3rd parties to develop a release schedule and project manage the campaigns)
- Coordinating with archive company to manage the estate assets
- Ongoing communication within the classical music community and champion the Glenn Gould legacy
- Responsible for gathering, organizing, and disseminating all appropriate catalog assets and information internally, assuring that Primary Wave’s Digital Marketing and Music Synchronization teams are consistently up to speed. The consultant will also help with the creation of relevant marketing tools including pitch decks, one-sheets, and visual sizzle reels.
- Brainstorming & executing creative marketing campaigns for Gould
The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant knowledge and passion of classical music including Gould’s music and legacy
- Network of meaningful relationships across the Classical music genre and community
- Familiarity with the nuances of music IP management
- Experience speaking directly to labels, agents, distributors
- Strong organizational skills
- Creative vision and appetite for marketing innovation
- Experience with promotion of estate/iconic IP preferred
The position could be a part-time or full-time opportunity depending on the candidate’s experience. Compensation to be determined based on the candidate’s experience.
Email resume to Jobs@PrimaryWave.com