Primary Wave Music is the leading independent publisher of iconic and legendary music in the world. The company is home to some of the most iconic songwriters, artists, and record labels across the history of recorded music including Bob Marley, Stevie Nicks, Smokey Robinson, Burt Bacharach, Ray Charles, Sun Records, and many more. Throughout the company’s 15-year existence, Primary Wave has earned a stellar reputation for being forward-thinking and re-introducing classic artists and their music into the modern marketplace, as well as nurturing young talent to become legends themselves. As a company, we strive for excellence in the pursuit of iconic artists and catalogs that not only reflect great artistry, but impact and influence culture.
The Primary Wave Sync department is seeking a Creative Sync Coordinator to join our Los Angeles team. The candidate must have a minimum of 2 years work experience in music publishing, licensing, music supervision or a similar role.
The focus of the Creative Sync Coordinator position is to contribute creative and administrative support across all areas of Sync Department activity.
The ideal candidate for the role:
- Has minimum 2 years experience working in music publishing, licensing, or similar role
- Is very passionate about classic and contemporary music of all styles
- Is an ambitious self-starter who is also passionate about the music and entertainment industries
- Is a team player and works well in a collaborative environment
- Knows the fundamentals of music publishing and licensing
- Has experience with various digital audio formats, knows advanced features of iTunes as well as Disco or similar online music pitching platforms
- Has experience with Microsoft Excel and Office Suite
- Has experience using Mailchimp or similar e-blast design platforms
- Has experience with Photoshop or other similar graphics program
- Has excellent overall attention to detail
- Is constantly curious and always up for new challenges
In the position, the Coordinator would:
- Update and manage spreadsheet data of detailed sync placement activity
- Process incoming sync licensing requests and approvals for various media
- Help ingest and tag audio catalogs into our sync pitch system
- Convert and archive digital audio and video files
- Create song playlists from our deep catalogs to support the sync team’s pitching to various projects across film/tv/advertising/video games and more
- Actively pitch for creative sync opportunities in various media
- Help plan music showcases and other sync department events
Compensation package includes salary, benefits and 401k.
Apply by email: [email protected]