Primary Wave Music Publishing was founded in 2006 and specializes in acquiring and uniquely marketing iconic and legendary music catalogs. Over the years the company has acquired the copyrights of over 25,000 songs from the catalogs of legendary artists such as Bob Marley, Prince, James Brown, Stevie Nicks, Smokey Robinson, The Four Seasons, Whitney Houston, Paul Anka, Burt Bacharach, Sly & The Family Stone, Boy George & Culture Club, Leon Russell, Bill Gaither, Boston, Donny Hathaway, Air Supply, Ray Charles, Thievery Corporation, and many others.
As a company, we strive for excellence in the pursuit of catalogs that reflect great songwriting and moments of culture. Primary Wave has strategically grown over the last 14 years into a full-service music company that includes Brand Marketing, Digital Marketing, Publicity, Film/TV, and commercial synchronization.
Copyright Administration Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and a sharp mind who will be responsible for the accuracy and completeness of all copyright data to maximize royalty revenue. This position will liaise directly with PROs and external administrators and distributors and will strive to ensure the integrity of all copyright data within PW and partner systems. The role reports to the VP of Copyright and Licensing and will work closely with the finance, marketing, and licensing teams.
To be successful, you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with 5+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in music publishing
- Deep knowledge of copyright administration and registration, with relationships at various industry players
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage time to prioritize tasks
- Must be self-motivated with an intellectual curiosity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Your responsibilities as the Copyright Administration Manager will include
- Delivering works and song schedules for new catalog acquisitions
- Handling ingestion and termination issues, disputes, and counterclaims with administrators
- Working with the Income Tracking team to recover revenue from PROs and Administrators:
- Researching and ensuring the accuracy of composition and registration details where appropriate
- Liaising with administrators and PROs to ensure all registrations for PW works are proper and complete
- Filing claims with third parties (SoundExchange, PROs, etc) where necessary
- Using third party partner systems to recover and monetize overlooked royalty income (Youtube, etc.)
- Tracking royalty audit deadlines; liaising with Business Affairs to ensure accuracy and timeliness of notices
- Supporting the implementation and ongoing maintenance of a copyright and royalties system
- Fielding copyright inquiries from internal and external stakeholders
- Respond to requests for miscellaneous approvals from administrators and distributors
- Performing ad-hoc analyses as needed
- Helping to ensure compliance with all internal and external policies and regulations
- Using best practices to improve process efficiency
- Communicating regularly and effectively with the team regarding all major rights management issues
- We offer exceptional benefits to our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent career path. We provide one of the best available benefit programs for small businesses, including a healthcare plan, 401(k), long-term and short-term disability, holidays, life insurance, hybrid work schedule, and vacation.
- We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
To respond to this great opportunity, please click on the link to complete an application and submit your resume: https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/73919111
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.