Business Affairs Administrator
Primary Wave Music Publishing was founded in 2006 and specializes in acquiring and uniquely marketing iconic and legendary music catalogs. Over the years, the company has acquired the copyrights of over 40,000 songs from the catalogs of legendary artists such as Bob Marley, Smokey Robinson, The Four Seasons, Whitney Houston, Paul Anka, Burt Bacharach, Stevie Nicks, Sly & The Family Stone, and many others. As a company, we strive for excellence in the pursuit of catalogs that reflect great songwriting and moments of culture. Primary Wave has strategically grown over the last 14 years into a full-service music company that includes Brand Marketing, Digital Marketing, Publicity, Film/TV, and commercial synchronization.
We seek a detail-oriented, enthusiastic Business Affairs Administrator and music lover to join Primary Wave’s Business & Legal Affairs department. This role will be full-time with a hybrid in-person and remote work schedule in our New York office, and report to the General Counsel.
As the Business Affairs Administrator, we will rely on you to successfully perform the following duties:
- Coordinate and assist with catalog acquisitions, including with respect to due diligence (e.g., copyright and trademark research), preparation and review of asset schedules, and post-closing catalog matters (e.g., implementation of letters of direction, tracking of post-closing deliverables).
- Liaise with various Primary Wave departments, including regarding rights research requests, royalty audits, and use approvals and licenses.
- Review, analyze, and summarize contracts.
- Assist with the expansion and maintenance of the rights management database.
- Manage form document files.
- Manage internal deal tracker for certain catalogs, and outside counsel legal fee invoicing.
- Other Business Affairs duties as assigned by attorneys in the department or the General Counsel.
- Minimum 4 years of in-house business affairs role or law firm experience (in an entertainment practice group) handling music-related matters.
- Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Proficient with analysis of music contracts, content licensing, and rights tracking.
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently within a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive legal and business matters.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic; skilled with managing and appropriately prioritizing multiple assignments, meeting deadlines under pressured timelines, and taking ownership of projects.
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, Adobe, and Excel.
Prior business affairs or copyright department experience at a music publisher or label strongly preferred. Familiarity with USPTO and US Copyright Office databases a plus.
Best-in-Class Benefits and Perks
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by competitive compensation of $65 -$90k depending on experience and an extensive benefits package including:
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) / retirement plan
- 401(k) employer matching
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Employee assistance program
- Paid family leave
- Professional development assistance
- Paid holidays
- Workplace perks
To respond to this opportunity, please go to: https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/74561453
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.