As one of the leading Collective Management Organisations (CMOs) at the heart of the UK’s music industry, PPL ensures those who invest their time, talent and money to make recorded music are compensated when their music is used in public by businesses or broadcast on TV or radio. Based in Soho our committed and passionate culture where we place our members and licensee customers at the heart of what we do, will offer a dynamic environment to showcase your skills.
The Repertoire department is a data operations function reporting into PPL’s Chief Operating Officer. In short, the department’s main responsibilities are processing and managing all recording, rights and performer line-up data pertaining to sound recordings owned by rightsholders and CMOs, and then processing data from PPL’s licensees (e.g. BBC) and other CMOs to track when and where those sound recordings are being used.
Closely liaising with the Member Services, International, Distribution, Business Services, Business Change, IT and Insight & Innovation teams, the department is integral to PPL’s core role of distributing airplay royalties accurately and efficiently to its members. Additionally, the Repertoire department carry out several data processing tasks in support of services provided by PPL’s International and Business Services departments.
What you’ll be doing…
This role will be responsible for delivering the day to day Repertoire data management activities to maintain and improve the validity and completeness of all repertoire data – from recording information such as the recording title and where it was recorded, through to the performer line-up that made the recording and the rights ownership data. Coordinating the prioritisation of work-loads across the team is a key part of this. You will provide clear, summarised management information to senior management and, where appropriate, engage with external stakeholders to help improve the quality of their repertoire data processes.
- Working under the direction of Repertoire Operations Manager to deliver the objectives set for the Repertoire Data Quality team
- To provide key BAU Data management and maintenance activities to the agreed budgets (where appropriate), timetables and quality;
- Leading the management of large and complex repertoire and member datasets (including from external sources) to maintain and improve its quality in accordance with agreed Data Governance procedures;
- Working with Distribution, Member Services, Insight & Innovation, and IT to define and make use of management information to enable effective communication and informed decision making;
- To lead and support the Repertoire Data Team in carrying out any activities necessary to contribute to the achievement of agreed deadlines and/or to reduce activity backlogs;
What you’ll need…
You’ll be an enthusiastic self-starter with an eye for detail with the following:
- Educated to a minimum of a degree level (or equivalent) in relevant technical and/or analytical subject. Or qualified through experience
- Proven track-record of successfully managing and developing team members working specifically with data management / data quality related BAU and project activities
- Broad experience of working in complex, high volume, data rich environments
- Knowledge and understanding of MDM and data management methodologies
- Proven experience of communicating with and presenting to a variety of audiences including Senior Executive level to simply convey complex concepts and information
- Proficient user of MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
What we can offer you…
Apart from the competitive salary, generous pension scheme, monthly social events and free fruit; we offer a fun and highly spirted working environment with great people. When you come on board at PPL you can expect to be rewarded for your hard work in many ways, not just financially. Employees are entitled to a wide range of benefits which supports their lifestyles and needs.