As one of the world’s leading Collective Management Organisations, and central to the UK music industry, PPL ensures those who invest their time, talent and money to make recorded music are fairly compensated when their music is played in public by businesses and broadcasters.
Based in London’s Soho, and with a vibrant workplace culture, PPL’s Member Services is a committed and passionate team that has our performer and record label members at the heart of what we do. A role at PPL can offer you an interesting, rewarding and dynamic environment to develop and showcase your customer service and music industry knowledge and skills.
To find out more about PPL and what we do, here’s a short video.
What you’ll be doing…
This diverse, challenging and fast-paced role involves relationship-managing non-account managed members and artists by responding to their varied queries quickly, efficiently, and in a manner consistent with our very high customer service standards. Frequently you will be handling complex queries and managing long-running cases, as well as working through high volumes of general enquiries.
The role will also provide transactional excellence in support and administration duties to our performer and record company members. You will be highly customer service orientated as this role will involve dealing with a range of queries from internal and external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing excellent customer service to performers and record companies, by handling phone and email queries in a professional, helpful and empathetic manner
- Handling unusual, complex and challenging queries, case-managing long-running and often multi-faceted queries to reach a satisfactory and timely resolution for the member
- Processing high volumes of transactions and queries.
- Conducting investigative work such as reviewing accounts, researching line-up and track information, running detailed payment reports and analysing data
- Regularly liaising with related teams to gather knowledge and resolve queries
- Working with various software platforms, particularly Salesforce, Microsoft Office, and internal bespoke data systems
- Driving improvements and initiative to improve augmenting, researching and contacting data quality for our members.
- Complying with the Data Protection Act and ensuring PPL’s repertoire and member data is complete and accurate and that sensitive information is protected in line with PPL’s data policy
- Representing PPL at Member Services open days and wider industry events to liaise with members and prospective members to advance the general knowledge and understanding of PPL and the services we provide
The successful candidate will have:
- A passion for the music industry, an interest in licensing and royalty distribution, and a desire to help musicians and record labels of all kinds receive fair pay for the use of their music
- Previous experience in a high volume, inbound and outbound customer service environment and will have the capacity to deal with complex cases while meeting short deadlines and managing interruptions.
- You will be customer-focused, always thinking a step ahead to keep the customer informed and anticipating future queries.
- You will be keen to go above and beyond to ensure your customers are looked-after, and to contribute actively to our close-knit, passionate team with your own ideas and vision.
- You will have previous experience with databases and understanding of a customer relationship system
- You will be self-motivated individual willing to go the extra mile
- You will have strong administrative skills with good working knowledge of MS Office packages, preferably advanced excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and persuade.
- An excellent understanding of effective customer service, with respect to manner, tone, and approach
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate professionally and empathetically with a variety of people
- Experience in dealing with data, in terms of maintenance, accuracy and basic analytics, and competency with finance and mathematics is desirable
- The ability to self-motivate, work independently, and manage one’s own workflow effectively is essential
- Strong computer literacy and touch typing ability with good working knowledge of MS Office packages, particularly Excel
What we can offer you…
The opportunity to bring your talent for customer service, and your dedication to work, into a role that will allow you to learn extensively about PPL’s licensing and distribution functions. This will include revenue collection, music reporting and airplay matching, repertoire member data, international collections, distribution, marketing and PR, and the specialised operations of PPL’s Member Services.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to a small but dynamic team of passionate and focused individuals who work collaboratively to strive towards providing the best customer service to our members, and to continually improving the ways we work. Our team cultivates a supportive and inclusive environment for you to develop your knowledge and hone your skills and provides an excellent platform for those who are keen to work within PPL, Member Services, or the wider music industry.
If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you! Please click the ‘Apply Now’
Equality and Diversity at PPL
PPL are committed to equal opportunities and inclusivity, therefore we welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of application received for every role here at PPL we are only able to contact candidates we’d like to progress to interview stage.
Here at PPL we are proud to operate in a genuine, open and straightforward way while continuing to maximise all opportunities as they arise striving to represent PPL’s members. Our job is to protect our members’ rights, and make sure their talent and investment is rewarded fairly. We take an entrepreneurial approach, working together to create new ways to deliver better service and solve business challenges. Collaboration creates great things; everyone’s talent deserves recognition and each of our members is important to us. We are the professional face for our clients. We serve with a smile and go the extra mile when representing them. We share a passion for music – that’s why we do what we do.