Founded in 1934, PPL is the UK music industry’s collective management organisation (CMO) for over 110,000 performers and record companies. We license recorded music in the UK when it is played in public (shops, bars, nightclubs, offices etc.) or broadcast (BBC, commercial radio, commercial TV etc.) and ensure that revenue flows back to our members. These include both independent and major record companies, together with performers ranging from emerging grassroots artists through to established session musicians and globally renowned artists. PPL’s public performance licensing is carried out on PPL’s behalf by PPL PRS, the joint venture between PPL and PRS for Music.
We also collect performance rights internationally when music is played overseas in public and used on TV, radio and some online streaming services, as well as for private copying. In 2019 we collected £86.7 million, in part thanks to our network of over 95 agreements with CMOs around the world. International revenues are an increasingly important revenue stream for performers and recording rightsholders. In 2019 we collected £271.8 million while also distributing money to over 119,000 performers and recording rightsholders.
PPL’s International Team manages relationships with collective management organisations (CMOs) around the globe. They are responsible for instructing and acting upon the agreements PPL holds globally to collect revenue for our members when their music is used internationally.
As an International Operations Specialist here at PPL you will be responsible for providing high quality and complex administrative support to the International team. You will also work closely with the International Territories Manager taking ownership of straightforward revenue generating activities helping to ensure the annual departmental revenue budget is achieved. You will help to define and own a series of administrative and analytical tasks to support the International team with collecting and distributing revenue from the Collective Management Organisation (CMO) portfolio.
- Carry out data manipulation and data entry activities to support revenue generation and resolution of queries from members
- Work closely with all members of the International team to ensure administrative best practice
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders from across various PPL departments
- Work closely with the International Territories Managers to ensure departmental objectives are consistently met
- Provide administrative support and support the delivery of the overall annual International revenue budget
- Support the distribution of collected revenues to PPL members
- Act as the subject matter expert for all matters associated with administrative support
- Undertake analysis to support the International team using excel, reporting screens and other data
What you’ll need:
- Administrative experience
- Experience of creating, monitoring, and evaluating work schedules
- Knowledge of administrative practices and task planning
- The ability to work with data sets to make informed revenue budget business decisions
- The ability to manage varied administrative tasks resolving conflicting priorities
- Positive relationship building skills
- To be computer literate, with an intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office and CRM systems e.g.
- Salesforce, MS Dynamics
- The ability to work accurately and effectively whilst prioritising tasks and delivering high quality work to deadlines
- Be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, to solve problems quickly and sensitively and find new solutions
- Experience of delivering revenue budgets in a target driven environment is advantageous but not essential as is knowledge of the music industry and collective music licensing
What we can offer you:
When you come on board at PPL you can expect to be rewarded for your hard work. Employees are entitled to a wide range of benefits which support their needs and lifestyles including Private medical care, flexible working hours, £120 annually to be spent on music and many more!
If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you! Please click here to apply via our website.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at PPL
PPL are committed to equity of opportunity, diversity and inclusivity; therefore, we welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community.
Here at PPL we are proud to operate in a genuine, open and straightforward way while continuing to maximise all opportunities as they arise striving to represent PPL’s members. Our job is to protect our members’ rights, and make sure their talent and investment is rewarded fairly. We take an entrepreneurial approach, working together to create new ways to deliver better service and solve business challenges. Collaboration creates great things; everyone’s talent deserves recognition and each of our members is important to us. We are the professional face for our clients. We serve with a smile and go the extra mile when representing them. We share a passion for music – that’s why we do what we do.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications received for every role here at PPL we are only able to contact candidates we’d like to progress to interview stage.