Founded in 1934, PPL is the UK music industry’s collective management organisation (CMO) for over 110,000 performers and record companies.
We license recorded music in the UK when it is played in public (shops, bars, nightclubs, offices etc.) or broadcast (BBC, commercial radio, commercial TV etc.) and ensure that revenue flows back to our members. These include both independent and major record companies, together with performers ranging from emerging grassroots artists through to established session musicians and globally renowned artists. PPL’s public performance licensing is carried out on PPL’s behalf by PPL PRS, the joint venture between PPL and PRS for Music.
We also collect performance rights internationally when music is played overseas in public and used on TV, radio and some online streaming services, as well as for private copying. In 2019 we collected £86.7 million, in part thanks to our network of over 95 agreements with CMOs around the world. International revenues are an increasingly important revenue stream for performers and recording rightsholders. In 2019 we collected £271.8 million while also distributing money to over 119,000 performers and recording rightsholders.
PPL’s International Team manages relationships with collective management organisations (CMOs) around the globe. They are responsible for instructing and acting upon the agreements PPL holds globally to collect revenue for our members when their music is used internationally.
The International Junior Operations Partner is responsible for maximising worldwide revenue collections for a portfolio of CMOs containing low to mid value revenue budgets and involving straightforward data delivery tasks. In this role you will manage the relationships with your CMOs and coordinate operational activity for those CMOs. Strong organisational skills, planning capability, commercial drive, numerical reasoning and the ability to work with data sets are key skills required.
- Responsible for managing the relationship and coordinating operational activity for each CMO with other departments at PPL.
- Providing analysis, delivering data and adding value whilst seeking opportunities to increase and drive revenue for PPL members
- To monitor and carry out detailed analysis of budget under performance in order to identify opportunities to increase revenue on behalf of PPL members.
- To plan and deliver internal and external CMO service review meetings.
- To provide CMO status updates and regular reporting and management information.
- To participate in and sometimes lead key projects affecting the International Team and other areas where appropriate.
What you’ll need:
- Experience of creating, monitoring and evaluating operational work schedules
- Experience of managing relationships and account management
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting practices
- The ability to work with data sets to make informed revenue budget business decisions
- The ability to manage varied operational tasks resolving conflicting priorities and resource constraints, whilst building positive relationships with all stakeholders.
- The ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure, prioritising tasks and delivering high quality work to deadlines
- A high level of computer literacy
- To be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- A positive and enthusiastic approach
PPL continue to follow the government guidance regarding COVID-19 with the priority of keeping of employees safe and well. PPL employees are currently working remotely and we have no imminent plans for this to change. We will adopt a remote recruitment and on boarding process for this role and expect it to be based remotely until government guidance changes, at which point office working will be required. This can be discussed on a case by case basis.
What we can offer you:
When you come on board at PPL you can expect to be rewarded for your hard work. Employees are entitled to a wide range of benefits which support their needs and lifestyles including Private medical care, flexible working hours, £120 annually to be spent on music and many more!
If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you! Please click the ‘Apply Now’ and apply via our company website.
Closing Date: 7th April 2021.
Equality and Diversity at PPL
PPL are committed to equal opportunities, diversity and inclusivity, therefore we welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community.
Here at PPL we are proud to operate in a genuine, open and straightforward way while continuing to maximise all opportunities as they arise striving to represent PPL’s members. Our job is to protect our members’ rights, and make sure their talent and investment is rewarded fairly. We take an entrepreneurial approach, working together to create new ways to deliver better service and solve business challenges. Collaboration creates great things; everyone’s talent deserves recognition and each of our members is important to us. We are the professional face for our clients. We serve with a smile and go the extra mile when representing them. We share a passion for music – that’s why we do what we do.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of application received for every role here at PPL we are only able to contact candidates we’d like to progress to interview stage.