As a leading licensing business at the heart of the UK’s music industry, PPL ensures that those who invest their time, talent and money to make recorded music are compensated and recognised when their music is used by businesses or broadcast on TV, radio or online.
What you’ll be doing…
Under the direction of the Senior Communications and Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for planning, implementing and measuring external communications and PR activities on time and on budget to support the company’s business activities.
The Communications and PR Manager will be responsible for seeking opportunities proactively to ‘sell’ PPL across appropriate B2B and B2C platforms to key target audiences, including the company’s members (existing and new), the broadcast sector, overseas music licensing companies, the wider music industry, government, and the general public.
This coverage is not limited to media publications but includes speaking opportunities, drafting engaging newsletter content and identifying appropriate opportunities across other public platforms.
- Implement strategic campaigns, which raise awareness of the organisation, drive business, and position the company as a leader.
- Manage the sell-in of stories to the media, creatively communicating angles that are relevant to journalists and publications to maximise coverage potential.
- Plan, write and manage the delivery of corporate materials from press releases, interview briefing notes, and CEO quarterly updates, to internal and external presentations, newsletter stories, Annual Reviews, and opinion pieces.
- Advise on and select the best use of media and overall communications channels (i.e. TV, radio, print, online) as required for the successful execution of campaigns.
- Build a network of journalist contacts proactively in a range of national, regional and trade publications that can help the company to extend its coverage potential.
- Liaise proactively with staff throughout PPL to ensure that all communications materials and information relating to campaigns is up-to-date and consistent, whilst complying with the company’s mission, corporate values and policies.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of all media campaigns, always looking to develop the metrics and formats of presenting this information.
What you’ll need…
Along with the key accountabilities you will also need the following:
- At least five years’ experience of working in a corporate communications and PR role, preferably in-house.
- Solid knowledge of PR, marketing and social media disciplines through relevant degree and/or professional qualification.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and effectively manage competing organisational demands and a heavy workload.
- Experience of utilising traditional tools (press, networking etc.) as well as new tools (social media, blogs etc.) in order to maximise media coverage and awareness opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels to drive results.
- Experience of working flexibly in a time-pressured and challenging environment with multiple deadlines.
- Highly IT literate.
Experience of working in the music industry would be beneficial.
What we have to offer…
When you come on board at PPL you can expect to be competitively rewarded for your hard work. You will be entitled to 25 days’ annual leave. You will also be entitled to a wide range of benefits to support your needs and lifestyle, including Private Medical Care, Season Ticket Loan, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, Discounted Gym Memberships and many more…
You will also be entitled to an annual discretionary bonus, depending on PPL and personal performance.
If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you! Please apply with your CV and cover letter as to why you feel this is the right role for you.
Equality and Diversity at PPL
PPL are committed to equal opportunities and inclusivity, therefore we welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of application received for every role here at PPL we are only able to contact candidates we’d like to progress to interview stage