Independent music publisher/label Position Music is hiring for an A&R position. Position Music was founded in 1999 and is located in Burbank, CA. Our current staff of twenty-eight is extremely passionate about music and supporting our artists. We offer competitive employee benefits, along with a friendly, casual work environment in a modern industrial office with recording studios and the biggest drum you’ve ever seen hanging from the ceiling.
A&R Responsibilities will include:
- Signing and developing established Pop, Alternative and Hip-Hop songwriters and artists
- Setting up co-write sessions
- Connecting with Label and Publisher A&R’s, Managers, and Attorneys to create opportunities
- Song pitching
- Overseeing records on the label side
- Networking and going to shows
The ideal candidate will:
- Be creative
- Have a track record of signing top-level talent
- Have a track record of developing hits
- Have a deep network of Artists, Songwriters and Producers
- Have a deep network of A&R’s, Managers and Attorneys
- Be able to give constructive musical and production feedback
- Be highly organized
- Be a problem solver
- Be a team-player and highly communicative
- Be located in Los Angeles
Potential applicants can submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
FYI – We are currently reviewing a lot of applications. Please be patient with response time.