POLYGON PRODUCTIONS: General Manager
JOB LOCATION : Remote work, in UK
CLOSE DATE : 20th February 2023
Polygon Productions is a pioneering tech-startup on a mission to revolutionize the live event experience through immersive sound and art. Not since the advent of stereo has there been a more pivotal moment in live sound. For decades the promise of 3D sound has faced significant obstacles. Until now, technology has been unable to present a solution that allows live music to play-back from all directions.
Polygon is looking for a GM, who will be a key member of the senior management team, reporting directly to the CEO and working alongside the founding Directors to grow a cross-functional infrastructure and develop the overall vision for Polygon. You will be responsible for managing and overseeing the P&L, implementing business strategies and optimising the organisations operational capabilities including overseeing logistics, communications, site design and events management.
The GM will own relationships across business and team functions, interfacing with all employees and stakeholders, taking a leading role in driving go-to-market strategy and long-term strategic planning.
We’re seeking a high energy individual who knows what it takes to scale a startup company. A deep understanding of audio technology and 3D sound is not required but a willingness to learn basic concepts is essential. If you are a detail-oriented, energetic, personable, strategic-minded leader we’d love to hear from you!
- Work in partnership with our CEO and BOD to develop and refine vision and strategy and implement Polygon’s business plan.
- Drive business development and identify high impact marketing opportunities to accelerate growth.
- Bring, build and maintain relationships with key partners, subcontractors, and equipment suppliers
- Oversee the finance function and work closely with Accountants and CEO to effectively report on finances and progress against strategic goals.
- Maintain deep knowledge of the market/industry, actively engaging with key customers to maintain critical relationships
- Lead a multidisciplinary team to deliver against business targets and attract high-performing individuals to support future growth, when required
- Help to define, oversee and evaluate day-to-day operations of operational team functions.
- Implement training and skills-development processes to optimize team performance
- Oversee HR and organizational development including recruiting, hiring, and onboarding new staff.
- Get involved in all aspects of the business
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To be successful in the role you should have :
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in a relevant discipline or MBA.
- Ability to think strategically and communicate vision calmly and effectively
- Experience in P&L management at a senior level, knowledge of P&L, balance sheet and cash flow management, and general finance and budgeting and financial modeling.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets & Powerpoint
- Experience of working or living abroad is desirable, or else experience traveling for long periods of time, with ability to work cross culturally.
- Excellent multitasking skills and ability to work at ease in stressful situations
- Happy to have a Flexible working schedule, across global time zones, working from home, or abroad.
- Kind and compassionate with a good sense of humour
- Valid driver’s license
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We are looking for someone entrepreneurial, and highly motivated to build the world’s leading 3D event producer. A people person with a structured approach to everything they do, able to build strong relationships with corporate clients and a hands-on working style. You will have CEO type experience in operations, business development and commercial development with a proven track record of building high-performing teams from the ground up working.
A strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles is needed, whilst a decent grasp of engineering and experience working in event production, music industry would be good to have.
- We’re proud to attract leading talent and invest hard in you for further development.
- A unique startup experience, building a high-growth company that is quickly becoming the leader in a global market from the ground up.
- Opportunity to rapidly take on responsibility and shape the direction of the business
- Work with a passionate and driven team from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Competitive compensation package including bonus structure
- Hybrid work-setup.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, Please send a CV and thoughtful cover letter outlining your potential to contribute to the Polygon team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always most impressed by candidates who have taken the time to express why they’re enthusiastic about the opportunity, and to highlight why their skills, background, and passion will make them and Polygon incredibly successful. Please do not reach out to company executives directly via LinkedIn; only applications sent via email will be considered by the screening team.
Polygon Group is a futuristic technology company revolutionizing the live event experience through 3D sound and immersive art.
We’re a team of sound, lighting and design experts who design and produce multi-sensory and immersive events using the latest cutting edge 3D sound, light and sensory technology. We’ve built strong partnerships with world class leaders in the fields of hyperreal sound with audio technology firm, L-Acoustics and architectural and visual design lighting firm, Visual System.
Traditionally, live events place speakers in a left to right stereo configuration, in front of the audience. Our unique, hemispherical stage design has speakers placed all around you, allowing for 360 degrees of sound coverage. At a Polygon event sound moves around you simultaneously; creating a captivating, scintillating, high-definition sound experience.
Our offering is end to end. We design, deploy and operate stages from concept to execution, including booking world-class artists. Our team of engineers and designers have the ability to programme our system to meet the clients creative needs. We work directly with artists to convert their music into spatial audio so that it is ready for live performance in 3D.
Feedback from clients and artists is unwaveringly positive. The DJ Viken Arman said it was “by far the best stage ever made” and Brazilian DJ Reple raved that it was “definitely the most special show I’ve ever done so far. Closing this stage was a dream come true.” A Festival goer “I think this is the best live experience I’ve ever had in my life.”
Polygon is growing- fast. We are exploring partnerships around the globe to see where we can take Polygon next. Undergoing this level of growth at start-up phase pushes us to evolve and build a strong team of talented individuals across every level of our business to grow with us and take us to new heights.
Polygon is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.