The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts.
We’re growing and urge you to apply! We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team!
Platoon is seeking a Senior Manager Artist Strategy for the LA office. As a member of the Platoon team, you will help define and develop the visual direction and approach for artist campaigns and the thematic approaches to collateral for artists’ organic social, music videos, advertising units, merchandise, photography, and traditional and digital advertising components. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for assembling the teams, freelancers and individuals to help execute these projects with responsibility across management, budgets and timelines.
This position is an unique opportunity to help lead Platoon’s efforts in an ever-evolving, critical space and work across the roster, and opportunities for Platoon and it’s partners. The ideal candidate is highly strategic, resourceful, creative, entrepreneurial, and collaborative.
As part of Apple, Platoon is a creative artist services company that nurtures and builds the careers of independent artists of all levels through funding, distribution, marketing and A&R. We are executing the vision to develop original music and visual content – while leaving artists free to be who they want and distribute their music where they want. The company is best known for working at an early stage with then emerging artists – including Jorja Smith, Billie Eilish, Yebba and Stefflon Don.
- Fifteen plus years of combined work experience working with artists to develop and execute their own brand and campaign collateral
- Extensive experience working directly with artists and their teams while producing results and constructive lines of communication
- Ability to lead teams via direct and indirect lines of management and exercising cross-functional lines of support through both in-house and external partners.
- In-depth understanding of digital and traditional design for all channels including video, social media, digital and print assets
- Ability to direct creative work, handle freelance pools and vendors, and ensure high quality creative work is delivered on time, on budget and schedule
- You can create and convey compelling creative visions that speak to artists, their goals and vision
- Proven success working and collaborating with artists, creatives, producers and business leads equally
- You work well under pressure, with experience working on complex, international large scale, time critical projects
- Results-oriented, upbeat, and focused, with a strong passion to learn and succeed.
- A strong ability to communicate via excellent copy-writing, presentation and creative skills while confidently calling out issues and solutions
- Strong analytical abilities, the ability see the big picture and synthesize goals and plans within varying levels of ambiguity
- Drive to take initiative, work independently, while providing leadership and guidance to those around you
- Flexible and versatile in nature, able to take on challenges while maintaining and even keep and sense of humor.
Work directly with the Platoon team, artists and artists managers to plan, create and execute long range artist brand identity to achieve new levels of success Lead, motivate, and inspire creative cross-functional teams across the artists, their managers, designers, directors and producers.
Maximize the best approaches for artists from various genres, locations and levels of development Use adept ability and understanding of the current cultural movements and design trends Nurture, protect, and develop unique artists brands and presence across their creative and within their social channels to drive fan awareness and engagement Manage details, deadlines, and deliverables across all aspects of campaigns while maintaining a positive ‘artist first’ spirit internally and externally Optimize the most from Platoon’s ecosystem and in-house partners while building new industry connections and opportunities Find the best of breed creative teams to work with internationally for all levels of projects and budgets