Please note this role is a 12 month contract and could be based in London, Nigeria or in South Africa.
As the Head of Africa & Services you will need to possess an entrepreneurial ability to try new and different things with minimal direction. Overall, you will be challenged to push boundaries, propose and implement new ideas and establish standard methodologies for Platoon.
This position is a unique opportunity to help lead Platoon’s efforts in an ever-evolving, critical space and work across the roster, and opportunities for Platoon and its partners. The ideal candidate is highly strategic leader, resourceful, creative, entrepreneurial, and collaborative.
As part of Apple, Platoon is a creative artist services company that nurtures and builds the careers of independent artists of all levels through funding, distribution, marketing and A&R. The company is best known for working at an early stage with emerging and established artists – including Jorja Smith, Billie Eilish, Victoria Monét, Yebba, and Mr. Eazi.
We are conducting a global search for a daring music professional with robust industry experience to join Platoon.
- 8+ years work experience within the music industry with a background in management, A&R, artist and label partnerships, strategy, operations, marketing and promotions.
- Extensive experience working directly with artists and their teams while producing results and constructive lines of communication.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous work environment and lead change laterally and vertically across organisations influencing
- Strong analytical skills and ability to collect and interpret data, using it to set performance targets and develop long-term strategies
- An impeccable ability to build and maintain many relationships across the industry, with a ‘partner first’ approach.
- Excellent communication skills, with experience of building and maintaining internal and external relationships.
- Evidence of creative problem solving history, ability to work well collaboratively and under pressure.
- You are results focused, upbeat, and focused, with a strong passion to learn and succeed.
- Flexible and versatile in nature, and with the ability to take on challenges while maintaining and even keep and sense of humour.
- Be responsible for the overall performance of this region in terms of streams achieved, artists signed and the strategy implemented in order to continue the successful trajectory of this business area
- Strategically sign top tier African artists as well as developing artists who have the potential to become top tier African artists globally
- Work with the A&R team to get the music of these artists to a place where the music is ready to be released and marketed
- Create, plan and implement our approach with artists, managers releases and partners in Africa and other International regions
- Work with teams (such as Creative, Marketing etc) to not only ensure a global marketing approach for each campaign but also communicate campaign performance post release.
- Maximise existing African & international digital partner relationships
- Drive and proactively seek new partnership opportunities across Africa.
- Create, develop and nurture relationships on the African continent
- Actively scout for emerging African based label/management companies to partner with Platoon
- Liaise with the business affairs team in drafting artist deals.
- Oversee exceptional artist marketing campaigns.
- Create, manage and drive a range of projects aligned with our organisational and business strategies.
- Manage department budgets requests as well as overseeing artist budget spends.
- Lead and inspire teams to work collaboratively on projects and key initiatives that fulfil Platoon and Apple’s objectives.
- Honed ability to cross-manage and advise other team members to meet targets for a wider team goal
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request