Covid-19 hit and live music – the most powerful connection between artists and fans – remains paused. With every day that passes, the demand of the crowd beats louder and the opportunity for artists to rebuild their relationship with their biggest fans grows stronger. Now is the time for a movement, led by artists, that puts the biggest fans back at the beating heart of live music.
Planet empowers the biggest fans to have their say in everything from tour locations to setlists and enables the best artists to satisfy that demand. Together, through limited release ‘Drops’ we get more tickets into real fans’ hands.
We’ve built the beta product, called PreTour, with some of the best in the business, including artists who will lead the movement (we’ll tell you who during the interview 😎), with a product to better serve live music fans and generate fairer year-round revenues.
We’re now seeking an artist relations manager with a track record of working with management agencies or as an artist manager, with the role being about helping artists to connect with fans more effectively and more often, in the biggest moments..
This role is designed for a partnership minded individual who has strong relationships across the european live music industry, and who thrives on making things happen, being at the beating heart of a fast growing business, understanding both the artists requirements and planet’s offering.
The right person will understand how to commercialise engaged audiences, is passionate about the creator economy and is energised by developing direct-to-fan business models capitalising on emerging digital trends.
🚀 What will you do?
- A leading member of the business development team across Europe, working closely with artists, managers and strategic partners of the company: tapping into a wider network across the live music industry
- Run the go-to-market plan and other activity to drive engagement, understanding and demonstrate the value of the product
- Articulate, refine and present the Planet proposition to fit with artist managements requirements
- Structure commercial agreements and manage the on-going relationships with our partners, with the aim to target 8 agreements by the end of 2021
Planet is a well backed technology start-up, and this role will contribute at a senior level within the team to influence and foster our entrepreneurial culture. This role requires a process driven and energetic individual who can work effectively to scale the business at a key time in our growth journey.
✅ You are someone who
- Has strong communication skills, a collaborative approach to scaling a new tech product, and a desire to work in a startup environment.
- Has 5 years + experience working with touring artists, events or their teams, and is interested to help reimagine how they can engage with fans.
- Is interested in working as part of the community, to involve and understand the crowd, using big fan behaviours to improve the experience for everyone and build a loyalty loop for our partners and their customers.
- Is self-motivated to have a direct impact on the future of the product, grow with the company and be involved early in the movement, shaping our culture.
- Digital first background, with an understanding of social platforms, digital goods, audiences and the evolving digital landscape for live events
- Business development, commercial and /or partnership focused previous roles
💚 Our commitment
As a reward for the time you are committing to us, we want you to see returns from the company’s success and as part of the package we will also offer share options that will provide equity in the business to our earliest employees.
💪 Why work for Planet?
- A competitive salary for this full time position based on your experience
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- The period between christmas and new year as paid time off on top of the above (on a discretionary basis)
- Company share options.
- Flexible working hours and location, but with the expectation of working from a central London base a minimum 2 days per week in the future.
- An output focused team who trust in you to run your own responsibilities
- Opportunity for this role to grow with the business.
- A quarterly allowance to spend on going to live gigs
What to expect ❓
First up is a chat with the co founder and head of artist relations to learn more about you and tell you more about our product and business. After that there will be a more detailed discussion around how you would approach the role with the senior management team.
Please apply at : [email protected]