Role: UK MARKETING MANAGER, [PIAS] Cooperative Labels Division
Reporting to: Head of UK Marketing
Direct Reports: 0
What we do
[PIAS] champions and supports the best independent music in the world across our unrivalled international network. Established in 1982, we operate 16 global offices – all leveraging local relationships to influence local gatekeepers.
- To be at the very heart of the independent music ecosystem
- To relentlessly and passionately discover, promote, market, sell and distribute the music of independent labels and artists.
- To spread the music we champion with passion, integrity and care. To help it encounter audiences and success.
- To constantly challenge ourselves to improve.
What you’ll be doing
Part of [PIAS] Cooperative Labels Marketing team you will be responsible for delivering impactful and creative marketing campaigns for a variety and diverse [PIAS] Cooperative Labels and their artists.
Create and deliver marketing strategy plans that drive given turnover and profit targets.
Help build a reputation for excellence in the field of music marketing.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Initiate and implement global marketing campaigns for designated acts.
- Liaise with all departments within the team and where applicable external companies, labels, international teams, artists / artist management, to ensure good communication and efficient running of campaigns.
- Manage and coordinate origination of physical and digital releases: make sure all parts for production are delivered within set and agreed deadlines.
- Manage the origination process on local releases and oversee and manage stock orders.
- Manage effective use of marketing spend to drive streams and sales
- Develop audience to the streaming and sales element of the effective use of marketing spend point.
- Build strong working relationships with artists, their labels, and managers.
- Initiate campaign timelines in conjunction with Recordings division, labels international department, artists/ artists managers and their tour agents when required.
- Liaise with production teams, international department, and [PIAS] Cooperative labels and artist management / designers where applicable to ensure release dates are met and origination of product is completed within given deadlines.
- Manage effective relationships with 3rd party promotional companies.
- Liaise with National Accounts, sales admin, and sales reps to devise and initiate retail campaigns.
- Monitor orders and stock levels on new releases.
- Deliver valuable content to the team to develop artists both on and offline.
- Ensure that all on and off-line marketing and promotion is integrated. Work with artist management and digital strategy manager to build fanbases.
- Manage marketing expenditure within budgets set by head of department, monitor sales and streaming performance on each project to ensure targets are being met.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure within a team.
- Proven Marketing experience within the UK Music industry
- Be able to demonstrate effective relationship building with artists, artist managers, A&Rs, tour agents etc.
- Experience of working collaboratively with sales teams, promotion teams and other 3rd party services teams.
- Strong coordination skills and drive: ability to coordinate artist and all artist teams, managements/A&R teams, together with promotion and sales team to optimise each campaign.
- Sound knowledge of marketing and of the UK market, media, digital marketing, retail and technology.
- Ability to manage marketing budgets and monitor their efficiency.
- Ability to construct and implement innovative marketing strategies and ideas.
- Gravitas and integrity
- Takes initiative and capitalises on opportunity
- Adaptable within a dynamic, changing environment
- Works to build up credibility and rapport at all levels of the business.
- Takes personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals
- Articulates a vision for the team that really inspires their confidence, trust, commitment, and enthusiasm.
- Act with Integrity and confidentiality, protecting the business always.
- Organised, efficient, and effective
- Passionate about music
- Languages would be real advantage
What do we offer:
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Great working environment – passion and love for music runs in our DNA
- Financial Planning drop ins with our Company Financial Advisor
- 25 days annual leave
- Hybrid working model
- Summer Fridays
- Group Life Assurance
- Season Ticket Loans Interest Free
- Eyecare vouchers
- Monthly stock out
- Free gig tickets and staff socials
- Perkbox Employee Reward Scheme
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Enhanced family leave
- A great team to work with
And much more!
[PIAS] is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.