Role: UK MARKETING MANAGER, [PIAS] Cooperative Labels Division
Reporting to: Head of UK Marketing
Direct Reports: 0
What we do
[PIAS] champions and supports the best independent music in the world across our unrivalled international network. Established in 1982, we operate 16 global offices – all leveraging local relationships to influence local gatekeepers.
- To be at the very heart of the independent music ecosystem
- To relentlessly and passionately discover, promote, market, sell and distribute the music of independent labels and artists.
- To spread the music we champion with passion, integrity and care. To help it encounter audiences and success.
- To constantly challenge ourselves to improve.
What you’ll be doing
Part of [PIAS] Cooperative Labels Marketing team you will be responsible for delivering impactful and creative marketing campaigns for a variety and diverse [PIAS] Cooperative Labels and their artists.
Create and deliver marketing strategy plans that drive given turnover and profit targets.
Help build a reputation for excellence in the field of music marketing.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Initiate and implement global marketing campaigns for designated acts.
- Liaise with all departments within the team and where applicable external companies, labels, international teams, artists / artist management, to ensure good communication and efficient running of campaigns.
- Manage and coordinate origination of physical and digital releases: make sure all parts for production are delivered within set and agreed deadlines.
- Manage the origination process on local releases and oversee and manage stock orders.
- Manage effective use of marketing spend to drive streams and sales
- Develop audience to the streaming and sales element of the effective use of marketing spend point.
- Build strong working relationships with artists, their labels, and managers.
- Initiate campaign timelines in conjunction with Recordings division, labels international department, artists/ artists managers and their tour agents when required.
- Liaise with production teams, international department, and [PIAS] Cooperative labels and artist management / designers where applicable to ensure release dates are met and origination of product is completed within given deadlines.
- Manage effective relationships with 3rd party promotional companies.
- Liaise with National Accounts, sales admin, and sales reps to devise and initiate retail campaigns.
- Monitor orders and stock levels on new releases.
- Deliver valuable content to the team to develop artists both on and offline.
- Ensure that all on and off-line marketing and promotion is integrated. Work with artist management and digital strategy manager to build fanbases.
- Manage marketing expenditure within budgets set by head of department, monitor sales and streaming performance on each project to ensure targets are being met.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure within a team.
- Proven Marketing experience within the UK Music industry
- Be able to demonstrate effective relationship building with artists, artist managers, A&Rs, tour agents etc.
- Experience of working collaboratively with sales teams, promotion teams and other 3rd party services teams.
- Strong coordination skills and drive: ability to coordinate artist and all artist teams, managements/A&R teams, together with promotion and sales team to optimise each campaign.
- Sound knowledge of marketing and of the UK market, media, digital marketing, retail and technology.
- Ability to manage marketing budgets and monitor their efficiency.
- Ability to construct and implement innovative marketing strategies and ideas.
- Gravitas and integrity
- Takes initiative and capitalises on opportunity
- Adaptable within a dynamic, changing environment
- Works to build up credibility and rapport at all levels of the business.
- Takes personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals
- Articulates a vision for the team that really inspires their confidence, trust, commitment, and enthusiasm.
- Act with Integrity and confidentiality, protecting the business always.
- Organised, efficient, and effective
- Passionate about music
- Languages would be real advantage
[PIAS] is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
Due to the high volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to every candidate. If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of submitting your application, please assume that your application has not been successful this time round. However, do keep an eye out on our website for any other vacancies that might be of interest.