Role: UI/UX Designer, [PIAS]
Reporting to: IT Development Manager, [PIAS]
What we do
[PIAS] has a longstanding history of serving the independent music community.
The company was founded in 1983 by Kenny Gates and Michel Lambot and is one of the largest independent and privately-owned music companies in the world.
Headquartered in London and Brussels with 16 offices around the world and 300 employees. [Integral] is the music distribution and services division of [PIAS] and operates across our offices around the globe to develop, build and leverage on local partnerships to increase exposure and routes to market for the repertoire, labels and artists we work alongside.
- To be at the very heart of the independent music ecosystem
To relentlessly and passionately discover, promote, market, sell and distribute the music of independent labels and artists.
- To spread awareness of the music we champion with passion, integrity and care. To help it encounter audiences and build success.
- To strive to deliver value to our repertoire and customer partners and continuously challenge ourselves to improve.
Reporting to the Development Manager, the UX/UI designer will be responsible for all aspects of the user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design of our [Integral] Portal. You will ensure that all elements of the online user experience are optimised for improved usability and exceptional visual design, delivering maximum value to users.
The successful candidate will evidence a passion for delivering adaptive and creative solutions to UX/UI design problems by staying up to date with best practices and emerging trends in designing user experiences and interfaces.
This is a hybrid-working role with a minimum of 2 days per week in our Bermondsey office.
Here you’ll get to
- Lead the redesign of the overall user experience for our business critical [Integral] portal.
- Develop and conceptualise a comprehensive UX design strategy and UI framework for the [Integral] portal.
- Define the design direction for the [Integral] portal.
- Define the information architecture of the [Integral] portal.
- Create a style guide for the [Integral] portal referencing existing brand guidelines.
- Develop a UX/UI toolkit covering all aspects of portal functionality and comprising a library of dynamic, reusable components to help speed time to delivery.
- Produce high-quality UX and UI design solutions through the use of wireframes, mockups, flow diagrams, moodboards, site maps, and prototypes.
- Collaborate with Product Owner, Tech Lead, development team and SMEs to ensure the creation and delivery of high quality, tailored experiences for internal & external users.
- Responsibility for implementing UX research methodologies, prototyping and testing activities in order to define requirements.
- Ensure UX and UI deliverables are completed to a high standard.
- Identify risks and form appropriate contingency plans.
- Keep up-to-date with industry and UX and UI trends and developments.
- Deliver progress reports and presentations to the relevant stakeholders.
Candidates will have
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years UX and UI design experience for digital products or services.
- A portfolio of professional UX and UI design work for both web and mobile platforms.
- Working knowledge of the following technologies and software: Sketch, InVision, Figma, HTML, CSS (SCSS), iOS, Android, Material Design and other industry standard design systems.
- A team player but can work independently too.
- A highly creative and flexible approach.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Experience in addressing detailed feedback from stakeholders.
- Relevant certification may be required.
It would be music to our ears if you also had
- Knowledge of the Music or relevant media industry
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn on the job.
- Data oriented personality and a people person.
- Ability to mentor and educate.
- Several years of experience in delivering ground breaking, disruptive solutions in fast paced industries.
- Experience with backlog creation and management in common Agile development tools (Confluence, Jira, etc.)
- Prior experience working with a Product Owner in an Agile
- Transformation environment
- Ability to manage stakeholders and their expectations
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal
- High level understanding of technologies such as visualisation tools like Tableau/Looker etc, and/or Low code development tools like Outsystems/Retool/Mendix etc.