[PIAS] champions and supports the best independent music in the world across our unrivalled international network. Established in 1982, we operate 16 global offices – all leveraging local relationships to influence local gatekeepers.
- To be at the very heart of the independent music ecosystem
- To relentlessly and passionately discover, promote, market, sell and distribute the music of independent labels and artists.
- To spread the music we champion with passion, integrity and care. To help it encounter audiences and success.
- To constantly challenge ourselves to improve.
What you’ll be doing
To work alongside sales colleagues to maximise sales across various UK retail accounts.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Creating sales update bulletin – a weekly formulated digest of current best sellers, genre based top ten lists, important back in stocks and represses, relevant tour date information.
- Calling shops for stock orders and following up on the key promotional lines featured in the bulletin.
- Wholesalers contact – exploiting opportunities across New Releases, catalogue and especially Overstocks.
- Specialist phone out for focus releases, classical, Folk, World shop directories.
- Urban Outfitters
- Amazon admin support.
- Amazon order cancellation.
- Maintain Retail New Release file.
- Consignment invoicing Entertainment Alliance and Tesco.
- Sales notes creation.
- Weekly physical mail out.
- Instore PA Coordination.
- Sales flash and Charts circulation.
Skills and Experience
- Based in the UK office, knowledge of UK music retail is essential.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Thorough, well organized and methodical.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to ensure effective management of workflow.
- Good communication and networking skills, and the capacity to interact with a wide variety of people.
- Confident to work autonomously but also be a team-player and possess a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Takes initiative and capitalises on opportunity
- Proficient aptitude with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Engaging telephone manner.
- Passionate interest in music.
- Diligent time keeper.
- Strong team player.
- Holds high standards of organisation.
- Creative Mind with good commercial sense.
- Good communicator
[PIAS] is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
To apply for this role please send an email with a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24th March 2017. Only a limited number of applicants will be invited to interview for this position.