Role: Software Development Manager, [PIAS]
What we do
[PIAS] has a longstanding history of serving the independent music community.
The company was founded in 1983 by Kenny Gates and Michel Lambot and is one of the largest independent and privately-owned music companies in the world.
Headquartered in London and Brussels with 16 offices around the world and 300 employees. [Integral] is the music distribution and services division of [PIAS] and operates across our offices around the globe to develop, build and leverage on local partnerships to increase exposure and routes to market for the repertoire, labels and artists we work alongside.
- To be at the very heart of the independent music ecosystem
- To relentlessly and passionately discover, promote, market, sell and distribute the music of independent labels and artists.
- To spread awareness of the music we champion with passion, integrity and care. To help it encounter audiences and build success.
- To strive to deliver value to our repertoire and customer partners and continuously challenge ourselves to improve.
The overall management and coordination of resources and processes to deliver superior information systems to the [PIAS] Group. Reporting to the Group IT Director, supervision of developers in the IT team. Close working relationship with Business Analysts & Group Technical Architect.
Here you’ll get to:
- Management of the software development team in terms of leadership, guidance, coaching and motivation to maximise performance levels
- Work with product owners, business analysts and technical architect to deliver high quality projects by establishing realistic schedules and budgets, that adhere to business requirements
- Ensure that an Agile software development methodology is adequately managed in terms of technical design and implementation
- Act as Scrum Master, assisting developers in breaking work down into manageable tasks
- Assist developers in finding elegant, reusable solutions to technical problems in a hands on capacity
- Ensure sufficient processes and tools are implemented to meet the requirements of the business and customers, including version control and change control
- Ensure that knowledge is documented and disseminated across the department
- Reporting on the development activities and projects as required by management
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement in all areas of technology and instils the principles of this culture into the team
Candidates will have:
- Strong technical abilities from perspectives of both systems design and the business
- 5 yrs technical experience in application development and system integration
- 5 yrs experience in various IT platforms including Web applications, Oracle, SQLServer and Windows
- 2 yrs People Management experience
- Methodical, analytical and organised approach with an attention to detail
- Willing to learn new ideas and technologies
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Knowledge of the Music or relevant media industry
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn on the job.
- Data oriented personality and a people person.
- Ability to mentor and educate.
- Several years of experience in delivering ground breaking, disruptive solutions in fast paced industries.
- Experience of Jira, BitBucket, Data Warehousing (SQL + Snowflake), transformation (SSIS and Matillion), data visualisations (Tableau), API Integrations (Mulesoft) and Microsoft Power Platform.