[PIAS] is Europe’s leading independent music group, consisting of four main divisions; [PIAS] Artist & Label Services, our record company, [PIAS] Recordings, licensing division [PIAS] Cooperative and Harmonia Mundi.
[PIAS] has over 300 employees and offices in every major European market, the USA and Australia.
As Europe’s largest independent sales and distribution company [PIAS] has worked with outstanding labels such as 4AD, Atmospherique, Beggars Banquet, Creation, Domino, Eagle, Epitaph, Factory, Infectious, Mute, N.E.W.S, Ninja Tune, Nuclear Blast, Rough Trade, Sub Pop, Tommy Boy, Union Square Music, Warp, Wichita, XL Recordings and many others.
The Royalties Supervisor role is primarily responsible for the processing and distribution label and Artist statements. The effectiveness of the role is critical to meeting our various royalty deadlines and providing royalty information to management for the performance analysis. This role will report directly to the Head of Royalties.
- Managing a team of three to ensure the accurate set-up and maintenance of client data and repertoire royalty conditions within our group royalty system, Counterpoint’s Record Maestro.
- Processing and distributing monthly, quarterly and biannual label and artist statements.
- Ensuring correct Recoupable Costs are applied to statements once received from the various finance teams.
- Liaising with Business Affairs and Management to ensure accuracy within our reporting.
- Liaising with the various finance teams in regards to payments.
- Manage ad-hoc projects to improve efficiency of royalty process including analysis project on allocation of various income streams.
- Support the Head of Royalties with general royalty tasks.
- Build and sustain an efficient flow of royalty data to the various Finance teams.
- Provide any additional analysis required by Management, Financial Controllers or line manager.
- Experience of processing royalties (3-4 years minimum)
- High mathematical standard and excellent Excel skills
- Organised and methodical with good attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure meeting deadlines and work under own initiative
- Experience of Counterpoint Record Maestro
- Dutch language skills