Role: Release Planning and Product Operations Manager
Reporting to: Director of Repertoire & Operations
Direct Reports: 0
What we do
[PIAS] champions and supports the best independent music in the world across our unrivalled international network. Established in 1982, we operate 16 global offices – all leveraging local relationships to influence local gatekeepers.
Our collective Mission
- To be at the very heart of the independent music ecosystem
- To relentlessly and passionately discover, promote, market, sell and distribute the music of independent labels and artists.
- To spread the music we champion with passion, integrity and care.
- To help it encounter audiences and success.
To constantly challenge ourselves to improve.
What you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for the global release planning and the day-to-day management of the [PIAS] Label Group’s full catalogue. Working closely with the marketing managers across the group, the Integral distribution team and all other internal stakeholders, you will maintain production deadlines on all releases across the label group, advise on product forecasts, coordinate catalogue initiatives across the group.
Key responsibilities will include
- Maintain and distribute all release schedules and production planning
- Manage the external archives.
- QC Product data and assets
- Coordinate productions between the rights holders and the [PIAS] production team.
- Coordinate production of physical formats & proofread artwork prior production
- Issue manufacturing orders
- Point of contact Integral (stock control, pricing, DSP availability, rights mgmt., etc)
- Providing guidance and sharing best practices with our A&R teams/rights holders and other internal stakeholders
- Manage the [PIAS] Label Group’s full catalogue and explore re-issue opportunities
- Management and approval of all capacity bookings and choosing of plants.
- Approval and communication of release dates.
- Raise all PO’s.
- Crisis management of all production issues.
- Notify all stakeholders of impending deadlines.
- Release date management.
- Management of split deliveries and split pressing slots.
- Management of stock delivery dates.
- Check delivery status.
- Order samples.
Skills and Experience
- Strong passion for and knowledge of music and music metadata requirements
- Experience of work where a high degree of attention to detail/accuracy is essential
- Methodical approach to work with/experience of having to deliver to deadlines
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and ability to work autonomously
- Excel proficiency
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize own workload
- Experience of music research work/label copy or production background
- Good communication skills – both online and via telephone
- Enthusiasm and keenness to learn
- Being organized and demonstrating an affinity with problem solving
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Gravitas and integrity
- Takes initiative and capitalises on opportunity
- Works to build up credibility and rapport at all levels of the business.
- Takes personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals
- Adaptable within a dynamic, changing environment
- Organised, efficient and effective
- Passionate about music
- Languages would be real advantage
What do we offer
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Great working environment – passion and love for music runs in our DNA
- Financial Planning drop ins with our Company Financial Advisor
- 25 days annual leave
- Hybrid working model
- Summer Fridays
- Group Life Assurance
- Season Ticket Loans Interest Free
- Eyecare vouchers
- Monthly stock out
- Free gig tickets and staff socials
- Perkbox Employee Reward Scheme
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Enhanced family leave
- A great team to work with and much more!
Applicants will need to send their CV and covering letter to email@example.com adding the job title in the subject heading.
[PIAS] is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.