Role: Radio Promotions Manager
Direct Reports: 0
What we do
[PIAS] champions and supports the best independent music in the world across our unrivalled international network. Established in 1982, we operate 16 global offices – all leveraging local relationships to influence local gatekeepers.
Our collective Mission
- To be at the very heart of the independent music ecosystem
- To relentlessly and passionately discover, promote, market, sell and distribute the music of independent labels and artists.
- To spread the music we champion with passion, integrity and care. To help it encounter audiences and success.
- To constantly challenge ourselves to improve.
Playing a key role in helping our artists achieve maximum exposure on UK radio. You will support with comms and relationship building with Radio, TV promotions and podcast bookings. You will be at the front line of the label in helping gain audience for the broad variety of talent on [PIAS] roster.
- Manage a roster of artists and drive creative, strategic and results driven campaigns. Help to grow the profile of PIAS UK artists within given targets.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key UK radio & TV media.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with radio and relevant media contacts.
- Establish strong and effective relationships with label partners and artist managers.
- Promote singles, EPs, albums and remixes to a wide spectrum of national, regional, specialist, community, online and student radio stations.
- Arrange and lead pitch meetings with media contacts.
- Secure promotional opportunities such as live sessions, interviews, mixes and takeover shows for artists.
- Artist liaison at radio events, media promo and live events.
- Attend artist live events and ensure presence when required from contacts.
- Attend department, project, and label meetings to update on promotions news.
- Be creative and directive in strategy for promotional campaigns
- Analyse data from radio & TV exposure.
- Manage comprehensive campaign reporting.
Skills and Experience
- Good experience with UK radio plugging and a deep understanding of the music promotions landscape.
- Must have a comprehensive pool of contacts at radio & TV with whom the candidate has some existing relationships with.
- Must be able to build new relationships and maintain existing relationships with key radio & TV media contacts.
- Excellent communicative, writing and pitching skills.
- Team first mentality and sound leadership skills but also able to work well individually.
- A passion and a good understanding of the [PIAS] repertoire and the music market.
- Ability to manage several projects at once and multitask in a fast-paced work environment whilst producing excellent results.
- Needs to be productive, organised, and problem solution orientated, demonstrating good decision-making skills.
- Must maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Gravitas and integrity.
- Takes initiative and capitalises on opportunity.
- Works to build up credibility and rapport at all levels of the business.
- Takes personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals.
- Adaptable within a dynamic, changing environment.
- Hard-working, determined individual who is results driven.
- Passionate about music.
- Experience with music PR, streaming and/or music influencer markets would be advantageous.