Role: Promotions Assistant
Reporting to: Senior Promotions Manager
What we do
[PIAS] champions and supports the best independent music in the world across our unrivalled international network. Established in 1982, we operate 16 global offices – all leveraging local relationships to influence local gatekeepers.
Our collective Mission
- To be at the very heart of the independent music ecosystem
- To relentlessly and passionately discover, promote, market, sell and distribute the music of independent labels and artists.
- To spread the music we champion with passion, integrity and care. To help it encounter audiences and success.
- To constantly challenge ourselves to improve.
- Help to grow the profile of [PIAS] UK artists within given targets.
- Assisting the in-house promotions team to maximise the effectiveness of the department.
- Provide full administrative support to the team.
Key responsibilities will include
- Promote [PIAS] repertoire to a variety of UK media with the goal of securing maximum exposure and support.
- Establish, grow and foster your own professional relationships and contacts amongst label partners and media.
- Attend artist promo – live sessions, interviews, photoshoots, guest mixes etc
- Attend regular pitching meetings with media and regular company project meetings.
- Compile all campaign reports for the Senior Promotions Manager to review on a weekly basis.
- Create and maintain an up-to-date master contact database for the company.
- Co-ordinate the company’s promo release schedule.
- Assist with writing, formatting and checking press releases.
- Assist with digital and physical mail outs to media and tracking any feedback.
- Generally support the in-house promotions team where needed, across a variety of projects.
- Attending artist concerts, media events and other industry occasions. Skills and Experience
- A clear passion for music and a good understanding of both the music market and PIAS repertoire.
- Some level of experience within music ideal i.e. writes for a blog, presents a radio show, although not a requirement.
- Team first mentality.
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage own workload.
- Have the confidence and ability to build own contacts with the media.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment whilst producing excellent results.
- Needs to be productive, organised, and problem solution orientated, demonstrating good decision-making skills.
- Must maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Passionate about music.
- Ambitious for a career within the music industry.
- Gravitas and integrity.
- Takes initiative and capitalises on opportunity.
- Works to build up credibility and rapport at all levels of the business.
- Takes personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals.
- Adaptable within a dynamic, changing environment.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Organised, efficient and effective.
- Languages would be real advantage.
Please send your CV (including covering letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th May.