[PIAS] is an international independent record label, home to artists like Arlo Parks, Mykki Blanco, Damon Albarn, Day Wave, Let’s Eat Grandma, Editors and many more.
[PIAS] America is seeking a National Publicity Manager to oversee and execute press campaigns across the label roster. We are looking for a candidate with excellent organization skills, time-management, interpersonal and written communication skills and a vast knowledge of the current media landscape and relationships with US press.
The National Publicity Manager will plan and execute North American press campaigns for artists across the [PIAS] group spanning print, online and televised media. Across the roster there is an emphasis on developing artists in this market, often for the first time, to help build the brands and identities of both [PIAS] proper and our partner labels in America which include Bella Union, Heavenly, Transgressive, etc. At [PIAS] America, you will have the chance to join a fast growing, collaborative, and global community of like-minded individuals with a passion for music. [PIAS] offers an attractive and competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, 401K, and more.
- Execute global publicity campaigns in line with our UK & International teams. + Drafting, editing, and sending out press releases and albums servicing’s to key media partners.
- Lead innovative campaigns to grow both the label’s profile and artist profiles, respectively. + Maintain extensive media list, knowledge of local media and who they’re covering, and develop rapport with journalists.
- Brainstorm and develop new avenues for artists to gain exposure, aside from just traditional media.
- Design thoughtful pitches and creative ideas for pertinent media for each artist to help secure coverage over press campaigns.
- Compile regular press updates and reports.
- Manage independent PR hires to deliver assets, discuss campaigns and monitor progress. + Administer media training exercises / questionnaires to artists to gather valuable information about them that can help form positioning.
- Liaise on the ground at photo shoots, interviews, sessions and any other in-person promo opportunities, making sure everything runs smoothly and the artist is comfortable.
- At least 3 years in music publicity or a related field.
- Excellent writing, organization and communication skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Extensive knowledge of current media landscape.
- Knowledge of our record labels and artist rosters.
- Outgoing personality with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. + Ability to collaborate within a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling several projects and tasks and delivering on time.
[PIAS] is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or age.
To apply, please reply to j[email protected] and please share three (3) writing examples via bio, press releases, etc.