[PIAS] Group manages and controls a range of digital and physical rights on behalf of the labels and repertoire owners that it works with. [PIAS] is proud to represent some of the world’s finest independently owned music, comedy and film repertoire. We offer a broad range of services on a multi-territorial basis.
[PIAS] Group is looking for a Metadata Coordinator for overseeing the ingestion of our group-wide metadata. This is a permanent position.
Reporting directly to the Head of Repertoire Operations, this is a key position within the repertoire operations team, interacting with both internal and external clients to ensure the accurate and efficient ingestion of all new release metadata. The position requires a keen attention to detail, strong organizational ability and a demonstrable understanding of Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel. The successful applicant will be a good communicator together with having an enthusiasm for music and service minded.
Functions of the role will include:
- Data Preparation and Quality Control – checking and preparing metadata submissions from label clients and ingesting metadata into [PIAS] Repertoire Management System
- Processing metadata amendments/corrections as required
- Working with label partners to encourage adoption of best practice metadata standards
- Contributing to projects to enhance and improve metadata quality
- Preparing metadata for catalogue integrations
- Supporting other Repertoire Operations processes as required
- Contributing ideas for system and process improvements
Skills to include:
- Experience of working with music metadata in a previous role
- Knowledge and experience of Classical metadata requirements in line with key DSP style guides a distinct advantage
- Experience of work where a high degree of attention to detail/accuracy is essential
- Methodical approach to work with/experience of having to deliver to deadlines
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and ability to work autonomously
- Excel proficiency essential
- Good communication skills – both online and via telephone
- Enthusiasm and keenness to learn
- Being organized and demonstrating an affinity with problem solving
- Strong passion and knowledge of music
- This Position will give the successful candidate the opportunity to get a broad understanding of the core operations of the company and is likely to evolve to cover wider aspects of the supply chain over time in line with planned process and system enhancements. The experience gained can serve well for a potential career within the [PIAS] Group.
- The role is subject to a 3 month probationary period. Upon successful completion of the probation, the position will become permanent with the benefits as outlined below.
- Depending on experience.
- Open plan office, casual dress policy, music playing etc
Normal Working Hours
- 9:30am – 6.00pm (1 hour lunch break) although out of normal hours work may be expected from time to time in accordance with the needs of the job.
- 1 Bevington Path, London, SE1 3PW
Map link http://goo.gl/maps/mYbWZ (just off Tanner St, SE1)
[PIAS] is the definitive marketing, sales, distribution and licensing solution offering a highly professional and flexible service for music, film and comedy repertoire on an international basis.
[PIAS] Group supplies a broad range of highly professional services for leading repertoire owners across both physical and digital routes to market. The group also has significant operations in the UK, Belgium, France, Netherlands, Iberia, Germany, Nordic, USA, Australia and Ireland. In addition to its local operations the [PIAS] Group has an international network of partners that enables it to offer its services on a truly global basis.
[PIAS] Group owns premium repertoire via its [PIAS] Recordings, [PIAS] Cooperative, [PIAS] Comedy, Harmonia Mundi and its Strictly Confidential publishing operation. Visit www.pias.com for more.
Please send a CV and the cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and put the job title in the subject header.