Legal & Business Affairs Assistant
We’re a fast-moving music loving bunch, proud of our independence, proud of our people and proud of our artists and the music they make. Our mission is to spread our music as far and as wide as possible, and the successful applicant will be an important and intrinsic part of this process.
[PIAS] UK is looking for a full-time assistant to join its Legal and Business Affairs team at its head office in Bermondsey, London. We are seeking a bright and confident person with a keen interest in music and IP law who holds ambitions of working in the music industry.
The role will take primary responsibility for administrative work within the department, but will also have involvement in other legal areas of the business to include working with our label services division [Integral], [PIAS] Co-operative (and its roster of partner labels) and in-house labels Play it Again Sam and [PIAS] Recordings. A law degree is the minimum legal experience required, and some music industry experience is preferable.
You will report to a Legal & Business Affairs Director.
Briefly, What You’ll Do:
- Provide day-to-day admin support to the UK Legal & Business affairs team;
- Assist on a wide range of projects with individual project responsibility (more so as experience develops);
- Draft and negotiate all ancillary agreements (producer, mixer, featured artist etc.);
- Manage the Rights Diary and Invoice Diary; and
- Work with and advise various internal departments including Sync, Royalties and Finance.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills required:
- A Law degree or LPC graduate;
- An ability to work accurately under time pressure with little supervision;
- An eye for detail;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- An ability to communicate well with other members of staff;
- A passion for music and the business behind it;
- A good team player; and perhaps most importantly…
- Common sense and a sense of humour.
How to Apply:
If you have relevant skills, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 20 February 2023.