[PIAS] champions and supports the best independent music in the world across our unrivalled international network.
Established in 1982, we operate 16 global offices – all leveraging local relationships to influence local gatekeepers.
[PIAS] Artist & Label Services is appointing a Label Manager – Classics and Jazz to join the UK team. With a particular passion for the Classical area of the business, working across sales, marketing and distribution together with an understanding of the challenges faced in today’s market. We are looking for a Classical specialist (preferably, but not essentially, with additional knowledge of Jazz and the wider [PIAS] labels and catalogues)
As Label Manager, you will have a roster of labels, for whom you will be the primary point of contact, working in all matters relating to the release of their music, liaising with the sales, manufacturing, digital production and distribution teams and generally advising the label as required.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working in tandem with labels and sales teams to ensure effective scheduling of releases
- Ensuring timely parts submission to hit release deadlines.
- Overseeing the release process from start to finish.
- Working in tandem with label and sales to provide best advice on release formatting
- Providing advice to the label and liaison with [PIAS] production on release manufacturing
- Pricing / campaigns – demonstrating market knowledge to provide best advice on pricing for new release and back catalogue
- Retail marketing – working in conjunction with sales and label to provide best possible retail profile
- Working closely with label throughout a campaign to offer best practice on digital sales strategy including streaming services and YouTube
- Stock management – where required managing stock levels for labels and providing manufacturing quantities
- Making best use of [PIAS] internal reporting/ B2B systems to provide analysis for labels and internal staff
- Advising on general marketing, plot and strategy across all label releases
Skills and Experience
- A passion and knowledge of Classical is essential for this role.
- Knowledge of Jazz combined with a good understanding of the overall music market is preferred
- Must have a strong understanding of release planning and forecasting
- Ability to analyse the music market and relevant data
- Needs to be productive, organized and problem solution orientated, demonstrating good decision-making skills
- Active interest in the acquisition process
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Team first mentality
- Strong communicator
- Gravitas and integrity, taking initiative and capitalising on opportunities
- Works to build up credibility and rapport across all levels of the business
- Takes personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals
- Adaptable within a dynamic, changing environment
- Organised, efficient and effective
- Passionate about Classics and Jazz
- Languages would be real advantage
Head of Classics and Jazz (with dotted line into Head of Label Management for operational tasks within Label Management team)
Bevington Path, London SW1 3PW
Closing date for applications
22nd May 2019
To be held on Thursday 30th May 2019
Applications to be sent to RecruitmentUK@pias.com with the job title in the subject.
[PIAS] is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.