[PIAS] champions and supports the best independent music in the world across our unrivalled international network. Established in 1982, we operate 16 global offices – all leveraging local relationships to influence local gatekeepers.
Our collective Mission
- To be at the very heart of the independent music ecosystem
- To relentlessly and passionately discover, promote, market, sell and distribute the music of independent labels and artists.
- To spread the music we champion with passion, integrity and care. To help it encounter audiences and success.
- To constantly challenge ourselves to improve.
What you’ll be doing
Liaise with all departments within the team and where applicable external companies, as well as labels, International team and artists / artist management, to ensure good communication and efficient rollout of impactful marketing campaigns in tandem with the domestic marketing plan.
- To deliver turnover and profit and manage international spend to given targets
- To break a number of artist to a given level.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Initiate release plans in conjunction with repertoire sources, UK marketing managers and artist managers.
- Manage marketing budgets approved by head of department, monitor sales, streaming’s and activity on each project to ensure targets are being met.
- Manage and coordinate physical and digital releases where rights are not held in the UK: liaise with UK marketing manager, production team, repertoire sources and artist management where applicable to ensure release dates are met.
- Maximise promotional results, streaming strategies and sales against marketing spend and budgets.
- Collect and review international marketing and promotion plans
- Proactive support of international marketing teams to achieve best possible set-up scenarios for priority releases. Request and deliver valuable content to the team to develop artists both on and offline.
- Creative input for international online marketing. Ensure that all on and off-line marketing / promotion is integrated.
- Work with digital managers and management where applicable to build community, databases, and viral campaigns.
- Monitoring initial stock orders. Liaise with stock control to initiate and ensure a smooth process of shifting stock when needed.
- Manage relationships with repertoire sources, artist management and keep them up to date on marketing and promotional activity
- Representing and championing the needs of international territories in the best interests of the overall project.
- Report and analyse results to senior management.
- Be aware of evolving media in order to build campaigns of a digital focus
Skills and Experience
- Sound knowledge of marketing and of the International market, media, digital marketing, retail etc.
- Ability to manage marketing budgets and monitor their efficiency
- Ability to construct and implement innovative marketing strategies and ideas
- Good understanding of music, musical trends and identifying opportunities…
- Creative Marketing skills: coming up with creative marketing strategies or A&R ideas that strengthen and prolong campaigns.
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with artists, artist managers, A&Rs, independent labels, tour agents etc.
- Strong coordination skills and drive : ability to coordinate artist and all artist teams, managements/label/A&R teams, together with promotion and sales team to optimise each campaign
- Needs to be extremely organised, ability to multi-task and work under pressure within a team environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Gravitas and integrity
- Takes initiative and capitalises on opportunity
- Works to build up credibility and rapport at all levels of the business.
- Takes personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals
- Adaptable within a dynamic, changing environment
- Organised, efficient and effective
- Passionate about music
- Languages would be real advantage
[PIAS] is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
Please email Recruitmentuk@pias.com to apply.