Role: Head of Catalogue
What we do
[PIAS] champions and supports the best independent music in the world across our unrivalled international network. Established in 1982, we operate 16 global offices – all leveraging local relationships to influence local gatekeepers.
To be at the very heart of the independent music ecosystem.
To relentlessly and passionately discover, promote, market, sell and distribute the music of independent labels and artists.
To spread the music we champion with passion, integrity and care. To help it encounter audiences and success.
To constantly challenge ourselves to improve.
What you’ll be doing
In this position you will be overseeing all catalogue activities of the [PIAS] Label Group roster of artists and labels as well as advising and collaborating with partner labels of our Integral Distribution Services division to develop and execute catalogue strategies and campaigns.
You will be building and leading a dedicated catalogue team, working closely with our labels and artists to develop new catalogue opportunities, support the senior management team on catalogue acquisition opportunities and deploy expertise, insights and strategies across our global network.
You’ll be working with a diverse array of artists and albums such as The Bees, Black Rebel Motorcyle Club, The Cribs, Editors, Eels, Lord Huron, Ride, Royksopp, 2 Many DJ’s/Soulwax, Texas, Vitalic, White Lies and many more.
Key responsibilities will include
- Develop tailor-made physical and digital catalog campaigns for on and off-roster artists and execute best practice catalogue exploitation strategies across a broad range of genres.
- Set budgets, scope, timeline and deliverables for all catalogue campaigns
- Identify opportunities around new releases, milestone anniversaries and re-issues working with our label and territory teams to create and execute outstanding catalogue projects.
- Being able to capitalize on catalogue exploitation opportunities created by viral moments working with our marketing and promotion teams around the world
- Develop content marketing strategies and tools for use across social networks, streaming and D2C.
- Be in constant dialogue with our local teams and licensees around the world to ensure products and campaigns are meeting the requirements of local markets, that all needs are being addressed and met accordingly and that goals and timelines are being adhered to.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with artists and managers
- Create and deliver regular updates and post-campaign analysis to all interested parties
Skills and Experience
- Several years of experience in a similar role within the music industry
- Excellent organisational and project management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks whilst working under pressure within a team.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent relationship-building and relationship-management skills, being able to work effectively with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- A deep passion for physical music products with proven expertise in developing products such as box sets and special vinyl editions for fans and collectors
- Strong coordination skills and drive
- A strong understanding of the modern digital landscape with experience in streaming, data analysis and playlist strategy
- Good knowledge of the artists and labels that are part of the [PIAS] Label Group as well as the labels distributed by Integral
What do we offer
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Great working environment – passion and love for music runs in our DNA
- Financial Planning drop ins with our Company Financial Advisor
- 25 days annual leave
- Hybrid working model
- Summer Fridays
- Group Life Assurance
- Season Ticket Loans Interest Free
- Eyecare vouchers
- Monthly stock out
- Free gig tickets and staff socials
- Perkbox Employee Reward Scheme
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Enhanced family leave
- A great team to work with
- And much more!
[PIAS] is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.